Unable to lean out stomach?

Options
Hi everyone :smile:

I'm a 22 year old, 1.7m girl who has battled with weight ever since finishing school. In total, I put on over 20 kg's. Last year, I was at my heaviest after trying the whole banting thing over and over again. I was weighing in at 83 kg's last year November. Since then I have lost 7 kg's and I am to reach about 65kg's. I am doing 3 days a week of very high intensity workout and 3 days a week of 30-45 min of running with hills and sprints. In the last 3 weeks, I've lost 4 kg's which is insane because my eating has been a little off over weekends.

I've definitely leaned out in my legs, my arms, my back and my legs. My legs and my stomach are the two major areas which need the most attention. I haven't lost as much as I'd like to around my lower stomach. I eat very clean during the week. I eat 5 meals a day, i keep my calories between 1300 - 1500. I only eat complex carbs now and again such as legumes and fruit.

How should I change my diet/workout routine so that I see more definition and weightloss in my stomach area? I haven't gone off diary which apparently may aid this? I don't want to deprive myself of any food groups at this point because banting really messed up my metabolism so I'm really trying to aim for a balanced eating plan. Keeping it clean, simple and sugar and salt free as much as I can.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    More time and patience.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Working on posture can make a huge difference to how a belly looks.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    As you get nearer to goal weight your stomach will get leaner - its usually the last place for the fat to go. Well done in your loss so far, keep on going and you'll see good results :smile:
    Strength training/lifting weights really helps the stomach area as well as the whole body but in general while the body has excess fat on it you wont be able to see much progress.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    As you get nearer to goal weight your stomach will get leaner - its usually the last place for the fat to go. Well done in your loss so far, keep on going and you'll see good results :smile:
    Strength training/lifting weights really helps the stomach area as well as the whole body but in general while the body has excess fat on it you wont be able to see much progress.

This!
  • cmk5444
    cmk5444 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, reached just over the same weight. But I am male and twice your age (nearly!) and now about 60kg. As others said: Time. I have exactly the same issue. I have a flappy bit of loose stomach "flesh" that needs tightening. I just keep going and try and eat at a caloric deficit. I hope it will eventually sort itself out, if it doesn't? Well, I look a damn sight better than I did so I take the rough with the smooth.

I reckon you've got a better chance than I have at tightening up the skin etc. Age and all that is on your side. Good luck.
  • megmitts
    megmitts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Can't tell you all how much this helps :)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the work you have put in and the results so for. Just to put an exclamation point on what others have said, abs are the last to show and it is just a reduction of body fat that does it, so keep doing what you are doing. I also cannot emphasis enough how much lifting weights will help, and I don't mean 3 pound dumbbell stuff, I mean a progressive lifting, heavy weight routine. I don't get hung up too much on overall diet, everyone has to do what they can sustain. Just make sure you get adequate protein. Good luck!