Hey everyone, just joined

Options
Hey everyone I'm Tony and i have just joined today looking to lose some weight. Been overweight most of my life and being a guy I've always been a little reluctant to talk about it with anyone. I think its definitely time to take some action, anyway things are going well so far and cant wait to mingle with people that have the same goals as me. A little worried at the moment though because i am on holiday at the end of next week and i know how i let loose on holiday with eating and drinking, just to be sociable more than anything else. Tried to lose weight before but failed and always ended up putting it back on. My girlfriend is supporting me but deep down thinks that i am just going to give up like i normally do, so i am out to prove her wrong. Normally my weakness is not seeing results quickly enough, but after doing research i have realized that the trick is to set long term goals and make a lifestyle change, so that is exactly what i am hoping to do!!!

Anyway just wanted to say Hi!!!

Replies

• DGSki
    DGSki Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. This is a great place to be for motivation and support and to meet those who have a similar goal. Don't worry about your vacation, just try to relate vacation to something else besides eating, and if you do eat keep track and go for a walk or hike or swim, something to burn some of the excess calories. Good luck again and if you are looking for friends feel free to add me as a friend!
  • NEEDTOLOSETOO
    Options
    HI EVERYONE, I JUST JOINED AND I HAVE A FRIEND THAT INSPIRED ME. IN 6 MONTHS I NEED TO LOSE SOME POUNDS. MY DOC SAYS SHE'LL TRY AND TAKE ME OFF MY MEDS IF I CAN KEEP DOING GOOD AND I NEED SUPPORT. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME.
  • Grimlock1030
    Options
    Welcome
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you have the right idea but remember you are doing this for you...not to prove your girlfriend wrong. You will do fine and enjoy your holiday but just eat and drink in moderation. We are all here for you. Feel free to friend me if you like. Good luck!
  • sharishar
    sharishar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to your journey. Everyone on here is brill the support is fantastic and I myself have not been here very long but since I joined I feel as though I have loads of people supporting me. Add me if you want another diet buddy
  • StormChaser217
    StormChaser217 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good luck ! I'm sure you will love it here in Myfitnesspal.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    :smile: Hi Tony...welcome and good luck to you!
    Feel free to add me if you you want!
  • jenlyn1101
    jenlyn1101 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! And good luck on your journey. Remember, it is a lifestyle change..so when you are on holiday, try your best to make healthy food choices and find some time to fit in exercise...and make it fun!!! And as someone else said, do this for you. Feel free to add me.
  • stephlouise123
    Options
    hey, im new too! only joined today. i love the fact that you're trying to proove your girlfriend that you can do this, cause I'm trying to proove my boyfriend that I can do this too! looking for some friends so feel free to add me! :)