Calorie needs

Options
Hello I was wondering what I should set my activity level to ? Sedentary active or very active . I log at least 20000 steps a day but that includes. A workout too

Replies

• madsandy11
    madsandy11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends on both your lifestyle and the duration/composition of your workout. Mfp only uses this to calculate your starting calorie goal anyway (you can choose to change this at your leisure btw) I would start by checking your basal metabolic rate (bmr)(quite a few online Calculators will get you close), and then add up the remaining calories you tend to burn through steps (I imagine there is a way to calculate the calories burned in x steps) and whatever else you may do during your workout. Honestly, unless you work out for at least 2-3 hours 5-6 days of the week, I would just put it as active.
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That sounds very active.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Moderate to very
  • Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys I had the calorie goal at sedentary and Just added exercise calories but I've been feeling very hungry tired so I will up my intake.
  • nanlmille
    nanlmille Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    20,000 steps a day is active! I did 13,000 today and that was my personal best. And if you also do a workout, you may well be very active. Good luck!
  • Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much congrats on your personal best what do you use to monitor your steps