Avocado...I want to love you...

Options
2»

Replies

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've had pie made from Avocados, both key lime and chocolate cream pie. So, definite treat options, but the creamy consistency of this lovely superfood does lend itself well to creamy pie fillings, and the flavor is bland enough to be covered by the main flavoring. Personally, I love them without the pie camouflage! So, I eat them as a meal with a little lime or lemon juice, salt and pepper.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    This will probably make some of you doubt my sanity, but... I mix it with ranch dressing and put in on my salad.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    This will probably make some of you doubt my sanity, but... I mix it with ranch dressing and put in on my salad.

Bolthouse Farms makes some yogurt based avacado dressings that are really good, higher protein, and low calorie (typically only 40-45 calories per 2 tbsp).
  • cnurenasue
    cnurenasue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have not tried this, but what about putting it in a smoothie? http://www.californiaavocado.com/blog/drink-avocados-4-breakfast-smoothie-recipes
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    avocados by themselves are not great taste and the texture is not great either in my opinion. I put them in omelettes and in tuna salad and in other things, because avocados absorb the other flavors and the texture issues kind of goes away
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    As a picky eater (I like avocado though) I only have one thing to say: you don't have to eat it if you don't like it.
    you can have vitamins and minerals and healthy fats and antioxidants from foods you like.
    ;)
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I don't eat foods I don't like...period. I eat foods I can tolerate, which I usually end up learning to love. Life's too short to try to choke down something because it's a "superfood". You can get plenty of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and fibre from other sources.
  • mrsjoyw
    mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I love avocados!! If I could eat one every day I would. I don't do anything but slice and eat, no salt, pepper, etc. I just tried it on toast a few weeks ago and I plan to try it by baking it with the egg in the hole. Oh my...yeah...love avocados!