fat and new

Options
I need to loose 15 pounds. Sick of double chin and jiggy belly and thunder thighs. I don't want to loose 1.2 pounds a week 2.5 would be better.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Set a goal of 0.5-1 pound a week and stick to your calorie allotment. Weigh your food and log everything you eat and drink using correct entries (no generic or homemade). Have patience.
  • Maryiswhere86
    Maryiswhere86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race...loosing to much weight at one time can do more harm than good!!! You got this, just take it slow and the weight will come off :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Set a goal of 0.5-1 pound a week and stick to your calorie allotment. Weigh your food and log everything you eat and drink using correct entries (no generic or homemade). Have patience.

This^

2.5 pounds a week would be terrible. As you lose weight you lose fat+lean muscle. Really low calories (aggressive weekly goals) help you move the number on the scale faster......but the price is you didn't actually lower your body fat % by as much as you could have. This means you have smaller wobbly parts.
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week for a hour plus a day. It's just not working for me anymore. .5 pounds does not work for me. Loosing that slow just depresses me and I eat yummy foods again.
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can pick a number to lose each week but your body will decide.

I don't agree that you'll necessarily lose muscle if you drop 2 to 2.5 pounds per week. I lift heavy (alternating days: arms/chest, shoulder/back, legs) and do 45 minutes to an hour of uphill treadmill 6 days/week. I'm on 1300 calories, eat six times/day with "fast" from 6:30 pm to 8:30 am. I usually eat half my exercise calories. I'm not losing muscle. The mental part to watch for is you can and will plateau because you can gain more muscle weight than the fat weight you're losing, but that means you'll start to see your SIZE drop. The muscle not only makes you look and feel better, but after several weeks it increases your metabolism (muscle uses more calories than fat in your mere existence) and if you're on a long term weight loss program it makes losing pounds easier.