Losing weight

Options
charfb7066
charfb7066 Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Well, I did not start to lose weight until I dropped calorie count to 850-900 calories. I know this is not the recommended calories, but after that I have lost 23 lbs. if I do more calories I absolutely loose nothing. I also pay very close attention to the nutrition tab as the calories can be low but if the fat or sugar content is over the right level, again, no loss of weight. And then when I started going to the gym, don't eat your exercise calories. If you burn 300 calories on a walk or elliptical, don't eat back those calories! Once you lose the weight you can eat your exercise calories and life will be wonderful, it until then, you will have to suffer.

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Well, if you found something that worked for you, good on ya. I lost 40 lbs eating around 1500 calories, and eating back about half of my exercise calories. That's what worked for me.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    charfb7066 wrote: »
    Well, I did not start to lose weight until I dropped calorie count to 850-900 calories. I know this is not the recommended calories, but after that I have lost 23 lbs. if I do more calories I absolutely loose nothing. I also pay very close attention to the nutrition tab as the calories can be low but if the fat or sugar content is over the right level, again, no loss of weight. And then when I started going to the gym, don't eat your exercise calories. If you burn 300 calories on a walk or elliptical, don't eat back those calories! Once you lose the weight you can eat your exercise calories and life will be wonderful, it until then, you will have to suffer.

Hi are you weighing all soild foods on a digital scale all drinks and liquids in a measuring jug
    100% honestly everything that's consumed ?

I lose slowly as years yoyoing but at 900 cals a day your body is going to get sick I got real sick last year on meal replacements
    Plus when you reach goal your only be on 1200 calories a day for life as your body's got used to eat super low

If you 100% measuring weighing properly then you should see a doctor tbh
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Unless you're very slight/very short/elderly eating that low calorie long term can have some pretty bad side effects (bad skin, brittle nails, hair loss). Are you logging your food correctly? Seems unlikely that eating even the minimum recommended amount (1200) would cause you to maintain, given that the 'average' woman can maintain on around 2000 calories per day.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »

Hi are you weighing all soild foods on a digital scale all drinks and liquids in a measuring jug
    100% honestly everything that's consumed ?

I lose slowly as years yoyoing but at 900 cals a day your body is going to get sick I got real sick last year on meal replacements
    Plus when you reach goal your only be on 1200 calories a day for life as your body's got used to eat super low

If you 100% measuring weighing properly then you should see a doctor tbh

This^

I find it very hard to believe that the OP was logging correctly. The vast majority of women can lose weight on 1200 + 50% of exercise calories.

Losing weight should be a learning experience (skill learned for maintenance) not a punishment.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Suffering is not a requirement for weight loss.

Seriously.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options

Anecdotal evidence doesn't make it a rule. VLC diets should only be done under the guidance of a weight loss specialty clinician.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm not suffering! I've had a couple of weeks that my weight looked like it was increasing, even my trend line increased but I kept at my calorie level (5'2" and averaging 1600) and it dropped on it's own with my average loss at 1.1lbs/week. All good here.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yikes- someone had a really low BMR!! Might want to grow some muscle or reverse diet so you can eat more. Needing to eat below 1000 calories to achieve weight loss is not normal.
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ge7lqpbyq6qb.png
    Sounds like lyrics to a Molly Hatchet song to me.
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That sounds really low. Are you sure you are measuring your food correctly? It may help you to talk to a nutritionist/dietician of some type. I would imagine that any exercising that you are doing negates how low your intake calories are by slowing your metabolism. It seems like it is working for you, but definitely would not work for me. My TDEE is about 2300 and I eat about 1800-2000 calories in a day and I am able to lose weight doing this.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,948 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With respect,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.