Just over Half way there before and after photos - 70lbs gone. I still cant see much difference

Options
Hi I started 1st June 2016 have had a few cheat weeks with Xmas and a wedding....another 65lbs to go yet. I know i have a long way still to go but its so strange i can see the difference when i look at these photos but then i think its just camera angles because in the mirror i dont see it. ( i promise you i am not saying this to get compliments - i rarely post anything) 2pl09k2ocdc4.jpg
uv7p7xnsk2vm.jpg

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    You look amazing ! Great work! I am unable to see my loss in the mirror either !
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    @TaorminaCK you look great and I can definitely see a difference. I am the same when I look in the mirror. Trust me there is a big difference
  • tag2013
    tag2013 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic......amazing transformation!
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference, you look great!
  • casperkawa
    casperkawa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Huge difference!! You look amazing!! Keep up the great work
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Seriously, a huge difference, and you look marvelous!
    Congratulations! Continued success!
  • callielizabethrocks
    Options
    I see a big difference in your body- but a bigger difference in your smile!! You can tell that you are really enjoying life!
  • mrswiggum
    mrswiggum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You don't see differences because you see yourself every day and don't pick up on the subtle daily changes. I assure you, there is a big difference between your "before" and "after" photos. You've dropped a chin (I don't mean that to sound bad, it's true!) and are all-around slimmer looking. Your waist and bust are more defined. You look great! Keep doing what you're doing, because there is definitely a noticeable difference since June! GREAT JOB!!
  • kimv1188
    kimv1188 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing and I can definitely tell the difference. Keep photos around to remind you of what the mirror just won't tell you ;)
  • SleepingSwan
    SleepingSwan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yep agree with everything said before, there's a definite difference! Keep going you're doing really well. X x
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Wishing you continued success on your journey!
  • jessiebethin
    jessiebethin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of women don't always see the progress they are making in the mirror because we can be so focused on what we still do not like about ourselves, at least- that is how I am. But, from a strangers point of view (me), you look like a different person, in a good way! You look healthy and have made amazing progress. Great Job!
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Trust us, a big difference already. Your face is much slimmer and you are doing great!
  • SouthernSassy77
    SouthernSassy77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have always heard, that it takes a while for the brain to catch up. What we see in the mirror is what we are "used to seeing" and your mind hasn't caught up to the new awesomeness.
  • bmieres31
    bmieres31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YOU ALL LOOK GREAT! KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK!
    Second week on work out schedule and healthy eating. It hasn't been easy, but I'M GOING TO MAKE IT!!!!!!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Yes, the rest of us CAN see the difference.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    There is a huge difference. What you see and what we see is explained in this article: https://www.2knowmyself.com/5_reasons_a_mirror_cant_really_tell_you_how_you_look_like

Just trust when people say you look great! :)

When I look in the mirror, BTW, my head is huge.
  • cfausset85
    cfausset85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen one of those images on facebook that says something like "This message serves to prove how our minds can do amazing things..."? It goes on for a bit but all of the capital E's, I's, S's, and A's have been replaced with numbers that vaguely resemble those letters 3, 1, 5, 4.

It's meant to prove that your mind fills in the necessary information based on what it is used to seeing. It's been trained for years to see certain patterns in letters to read words. Certain patterns in words to read sentences and so forth. Similarly, when your eyes see a very different version of you, your brain can trick you a bit into not really seeing your reflection.

Add to that the fact that the changes you see every day when you look in the mirror are so extremely subtle, you wouldn't notice them. Most people that see you daily, won't truly notice them either. If someone came into your home and shifted your couch over 1/10 of an inch every week, you likely wouldn't notice the difference on the daily because it would be so gradual. Fast forward a year, and you likely wouldn't notice that 52 weeks ago, your sofa had been moved over 5 inches from where you had originally placed it. But if someone snuck into your home and shifted that same piece of furniture 5+ inches from it's proper place in one day, you'd notice something was a little bit off. Hence, why your progress photos look like a big difference to you, you are looking at months of change as opposed to one day.

Keep up the good work and the positive attitude. Eventually, just like if the sofa is left 5 inches to the side, it will begin to seem normal again. For some it can take years even so it is important to look at many victories and not focus on one thing (some eating disorders are developed when a skewed view of that person's reflection doesn't catch up in time). Look at lots of victories like your loose clothes, your scale, your measurements and progress pics, even your workout routines and how you acclimate to them.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Amazing work, way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!