Any one here who lost weight doing only diet..post pics or replies

Options
pallavishani
pallavishani Posts: 59 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Any one here who lost weight doing only diet..doing only 10 or 15 min workout or no workout ..how many pounds lost and all.. ..pls post pics or replies..

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    My before /after pictures are in my profile area (click on my user name to get there). That was done by calorie deficit only and no exercise.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I did not exercise. I was too old, fat and out of shape. I weighed 233 pounds and just dropped my calories to 1200. Since I was 59 years old and sedentary that was the lowest that MFP allowed even though I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week. After about a month in I started walking. I bought a Garmin Vivofit 2 and logged my steps. My first goal was 4000 steps a day. I gradually increased that to 8000 (this works out to 30 to 45 minutes a day depending on your speed and stride). I lost on average 1.4 pounds per week over about 10 months. After that my losses slowed as my body got smaller due to a lower calorie requirement. I was motivated to walk for two reasons, first because it gave me extra calories to eat and second because it lowered my stress level. I don't have pics here right now but I have lost 72 pounds and still have about 25 to go. It is incredibly slow losing now but I am in a much better place now so I can be patient.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    7y35d8b3h4zd.png

Lost 63lbs in 10 months cals and only walked my dog 45 mins a day
  • pallavishani
    pallavishani Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    7y35d8b3h4zd.png

Lost 63lbs in 10 months cals and only walked my dog 45 mins a day

Wow..just wow
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Any one here who lost weight doing only diet..doing only 10 or 15 min workout or no workout ..how many pounds lost and all.. ..pls post pics or replies..

I am 12 weeks into doing meal planning/prep I do 4-5 15 min workouts with another 10 mins of stretching after to cool down and walk a fair bit. Lost around 8kg (17.5lb)so far.
  • torialeigh17
    torialeigh17 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I had three rules: Write down everything, weigh in only once a week, only think about one day at a time. My problem in the past had always been perfectionism (and then falling off the wagon when I inevitably wasn't perfect), so while I usually came in between 1300-1450 calories a day, I tried not to obsess over it and to forgive myself on days where I lost the plot. Tracking forced me to plan ahead and get a grip on my portion control, which was my real demon, and made me want to start meal planning to get more bang for my buck. I lost 30lbs over 8 months, all without much exercise (maybe 30 min of walking or biking once a week or so, nothing regular). I started running regularly a couple months ago because I felt like I wanted to - something that was not true before! Currently I am -39lbs.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I usually walk and run for exercise, but a few months ago I injured my foot and couldn't do either to burn calories. I reduced my intake by a couple hundred calories and continued losing weight without the exercise. I only had to do that for about 10 days, but yes, you can lose weight without exercise. You just have to figure out how many calories to eat in order to lose the weight you want.
  • joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've done it before. It works! Most people don't actually burn that many calories working out, and do it for other reasons besides just hitting their deficit.

For me, I get bored in the evenings and want to snack or have a few beers. Hitting the gym after work helps keep me busy and feel good, and then when I get home there are less hours in the day to spend snacking ;)
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It is mostly diet as far as weight loss or gain but exercise is good for health.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'd say I'm 90% diet, 10% exercise. I do walk the dog every day for a total of about 30 minutes and occasionally take an extra walk during my lunch break if the weather is nice. I started at 252 (256 preMFP actually) and am down to 190.2.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    When I started logging my food I was on a 250 cal deficit and walked 15 minutes twice a day with some people at work. I was 175 and lost about 15 lbs that way. I did start a bit of exercise for body recomposition later on and have lost another 20, but it was the calorie deficits that did it. 97% deficits, 3% exercise :smile:
  • oliviaashley189
    oliviaashley189 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lost my first 20 pounds doing just a very strict diet than slowly started exercising. Lost 50 lbs in 2 months hqc5zxhcgwze.jpg
  • crvynatrlbeauty
    crvynatrlbeauty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This isn't the most recent before and after but I went from 212 to about 190-200 in this pic w/ diet and little to no exercise ... the most I did was walking, I believe

ep0b0nlvuidy.jpg
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Lost 55lbs (190 to 135) over about a year using diet alone, but put a lot of that back on over the following year. This time I'm using exercise too, partly because the Notional Weight Loss Registry stats suggest that this helps losers to maintain, and partly because it makes me feel generally better and healthier.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs (mostly in the last 3 months) just through diet. Once in awhile I would go for a 30 min swim or bike ride but it was never anything consistent. Realizing I could lose weight by diet alone was a huge breakthrough for me. I still want to get into a good exercise routine because I think its healthier , but I know I can still loSe just by logging what I eat.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    This is 233 to 199 with eating what I want and walking. I've since lost 10 more and added body weight exercise 3 times a week.

pkw4gh5dcpci.png
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I did, and it was a mistake from which it took me literally YEARS to recover. If you lose weight by diet and not exercise, you will lose a lot of muscle. I did not know that until it happened to me. I ended up being "skinny fat" which you can google and find out a lot of information. It has been a real struggle to try to put the muscle back on without gaining back the weight. MFP has helped immensely. My suggestion: don't do it. Find some kind of exercise you like- almost any kind will do - and use it to help you maintain your muscle mass while you are losing.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It is mostly diet as far as weight loss or gain but exercise is good for health.

Yes, this sums it up.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    910j6ouirlp1.png
    42tf0ol31k9c.png
    lxet2y26vd5t.png

For the first 60 pounds of weight loss, I did literally no exercise. Although I have now started working out, I genuinely dislike exercise and when I started losing weight, I found that I was able to stick to everything better if I didn't force myself to work out. The before photos are from my high weight of 240 and the afters are both around 180; I'm 5'8". I'm now 165 and working to lose another 10-15 pounds and want to improve my body fat composition, cardio endurance, and strength so I've added in weight lifting 3x/week and HIIT cardio 3x/week.
    1f.PNG 928.8K
    t2.PNG 935.7K