I have reached a plateau.....help!

Options
argh! i have lost 9 lbs and.......that is it. I have increased my physical activity. But i stopped losing weight. Suggestions? I am drinking 3 litres of water a day. Mint tea (nothing in it), i have cut out almost all carbs (just carbs from fruit) i am frustrated!!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? How long has it been since you lost weight? Are you tracking your calories?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming? What are your stats (age, height, current weight, goal weight)? Do you use a food scale? How long have you stalked for? How long did it take for you to lose 9lbs? Are you close to your period or ovulation?

Carbs are not the enemy for weight loss, excess calories are.
  • runboettcherrun
    runboettcherrun Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What are your stats? How long has it been since you lost weight? Are you tracking your calories?

it has been 2 weeks since i last lost. yes i am tracking my calories.
  • runboettcherrun
    edited February 2017
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming? What are your stats (age, height, current weight, goal weight)? Do you use a food scale? How long have you stalked for? How long did it take for you to lose 9lbs? Are you close to your period or ovulation?

Carbs are not the enemy for weight loss, excess calories are.

age 36
    height 5, 5"
    weight 191.8
    goal weight 160
    no to food scale
    lost 9 lbs since boxing day
    i love carbs. but eating bread/pasta/etc makes me very bloated and uncomfortable (not celiac)
    consuming 1500 calories a day
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is not a plateau, just a stall. Purchase a food scale and start using it for everything. It could be water weight for different reasons, but it could also be that you're eating more than you think.
  • runboettcherrun
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Two weeks is not a plateau, just a stall. Purchase a food scale and start using it for everything. It could be water weight for different reasons, but it could also be that you're eating more than you think.

THANKS, WILL DO.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Food scale and more patience. :)
  • N_G_H
    N_G_H Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually find that changing an exercise routine works, apparently it shocks your body back into gear. So change one form of exercise for something different. Good luck, you've already done so well, keep going x
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for a couple of weeks and then lost 2 lbs ... so just hang on in there!
  • belleshep417
    belleshep417 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? The scale isn't always the best, I've learned that.
  • runboettcherrun
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »

i have no patience :)
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

Then you'd better find some! ;)

Weight loss is a slow process. Those without patience tend to throw in the towel before reaching their goal weight.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

Most of us don't have patience lol but trust the process because it works :smiley:
  • runboettcherrun
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? The scale isn't always the best, I've learned that.

yes i do take measurements. there is progress there and i can see it in the mirror