Thyroid Cancer Survivor back on track!

Options
Hi all- I am 41 and a single Mom with a 14 year old teenage daughter who keeps me on my toes.
I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer in 2012. That really through me in a tailspin and I had a difficult time with everything including my weight. I am now over 4 years Cancer free and concentrating on being healthy! I have been a member since the beginning of the year and I am down 16 lbs. Yah! Just looking for friends to say hello to and to inspire and be inspired. Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• aliciarichardson13
    Options
    Good job on losing 16 pounds! I look forward to seeing how much more you can lose. If you can beat cancer, you can beat the weight.
  • tuckersmom17
    tuckersmom17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also a thyroid cancer warrior! Just finished Radioactive Iodine treatment a month ago and finally feeling up to getting back into my routine. Ironically it was a determination to lose weight and get in shape that led me to the discovery of the cancer...hoping to get control of my body again and get into shape!
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thyroid cancer survivor here also. Gained a ridiculous amount of weight while getting my meds under control. Getting back into the game.
  • RLReneau
    RLReneau Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Also a thyroid cancer survivor. I am technically still in treatment. Had my second RAI in January of this year. That made me gain around 25 lbs! I am starting to feel better and getting back into the gym. I am calculating my macros and just trying to eat more protein and stay at my caloric deficit. I tried ketogenic but found it difficult
    and feel better eating healthy carbs. How is everyone doing?