82 pounds gone! 5'6 female going since 2013.

Options
scgfitlife
scgfitlife Posts: 55 Member
edited February 2017 in Success Stories
Posting in this forum was one of my goals since first joining MFP in 2013. I weighed in at 236 (heaviest ever) July of '13. I came home from a family trip to Disney World and nearly died at the sight of myself! I was size 16 when I kicked off my fitness journey. Over 4 years I have been in the gym, not in the gym, home workouts, no workouts for months at a time, eating healthy, not eating at all.. You name the diet, I have done the diet! Nothing works unless you do. I now eat KETO (I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but to me it isn't a diet) since May of 2016 and it has changed my life. I also do Kayla Itsines' Bikini Body Guide and make sure I'm active at least 5 days a week. The scale picture is after I lost 38 pounds and the beginning of a dietbet I played. The last scale picture is from 2 weeks ago and I have since lost another 2 pounds. Only 4 away from my current goal but honestly, being happy with myself is so much better than any number on the scale.

SW: 236
CW: 154
GW: 150
CW#2: 140?

8y35dxgavhqn.jpg
7ttqk4c50w51.jpg
umoartyekvyg.jpg
5gmqoemhj6j7.jpg
1eycpa14daan.jpg

Replies

• terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You look great! I am trying keto and weights. Just starting
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Good for you!
  • scgfitlife
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Great work!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yes! Go girl!
    We have like the same height and SW, I can't wait to be where you are now! Thanks for sharing!
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look so great!
  • scgfitlife
    Options
    Thank you so much <3
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself for not giving up!! You look beautiful-thanks for sharing!! Very motivating :)
  • shellsarin
    shellsarin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keto here, too! Awesome post! I'm down 17 pounds since November 1st!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You look stunningly gorgeous! Very inspiring as I have the same height and love to see how my body might look like at around goal weight. Awesome job!
  • scgfitlife
    Options
    I love seeing so many Keto people! Thank you for your kind words, ladies.
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What a great story of perseverance. You kept working despite setbacks and found what works for your body. You look great!
  • djwar9858
    djwar9858 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful. Be proud of yourself.
  • lavender51
    lavender51 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look wonderful :)
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look wonderful! What a cool transformation!! You have to do what works for you. I remember when I had lost 82# and met my goal. I would look in the mirror and wonder at the stranger looking back at me!
  • RickRicki
    RickRicki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Keep it up!
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great. Congratulations!
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sabillin1
    sabillin1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing. I am same height and have same weight goals as you. Finishing up a Whole30 now, and hope to stick with the paleoish template and started lifting weights. I am hitting a bit of a lull in terms of weight loss bc of the training, I think, but my body composition is changing. I hope to be able to post a story here too!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!