Late night snacks

Options
How do you resist late night snacking?

Replies

• bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Honestly, I don't. I'm no success story, so take this with a grain of salt, but when I have done very well and lost a lot of weight (almost 60 at one point) I was still snacking at night. I just made a point to save some calories for later, but not too much or I was hungry in the day. Also, I've been drinking this great relaxing tea at night and that helps. I find that something like a cup of dry cereal, or 11 wheat thins (serving size) plus a wedge of light laughing cow cheese is enough. I love snacking at night so I don't think I could ever give that up, I just work with it
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast, I'm not hungry at all in the morning, I push lunch back as late as I can. It gives me enough calories at night to play with.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I don't. I have 2 cups of Skinny Pop popcorn every night round about 11 or later.
  • veronicav0502
    veronicav0502 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    sewiggle wrote: »
    How do you resist late night snacking?

Try to find a hobby or something that will keep your hands busy. When i get like that i read or crochet until i realize i wasn't hungry. That has helped me, especially on my days off when I go to bed later than usual. But if you are absolutely hungry eat something high in protein with fruit so you get the fiber with protein. I find that it helps me. And like bsbprincess says, tea works well too. Hope it helps.
  • freedom2016mfp
    freedom2016mfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Save some of your daily calories for your evening snack. Remember it's about moderation not about a change you can't stick with for the rest of your life.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I always plan for an evening snack. I pre-log it so I won't run out of calories and know exactly what I can have.
  • sewiggle
    sewiggle Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I say late night, I'm talking from about 9pm onwards. A lot of the time it's midnight and I'm laid in bed but it's due to hunger, not habit, if that makes sense :) And I'm not starving myself through the day, I just always get hungry at this time.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    sewiggle wrote: »
    When I say late night, I'm talking from about 9pm onwards. A lot of the time it's midnight and I'm laid in bed but it's due to hunger, not habit, if that makes sense :) And I'm not starving myself through the day, I just always get hungry at this time.

I frequently snack between 9pm and midnight. I just make sure I have enough calories left in the day.
  • emiliocoochie
    emiliocoochie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lately I haven't been LOL.. But when I have I just fight the urge. Sometimes I pray. Or I envision my future 'hot-bod' self telling my present self "Resist!!!"
  • sewiggle
    sewiggle Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lately I haven't been LOL.. But when I have I just fight the urge. Sometimes I pray. Or I envision my future 'hot-bod' self telling my present self "Resist!!!"

Haha yeah I tried this tonight, though I went from envisioning my great body to envisioning a super cheesy pizza