Weight gaining

Options
This is my first week weigh myself at boots 8 13 I like to lose 13bs today I weigh myself gained a pound! Eating 1600 calories clean eating but have had cake chocolate but within my calories! I workout weights cardio drink black coffee water! What am I doing wrong! I not got scales at home go buy my clothes they see tighter

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It's your first week, give it time to work.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How old and how tall are you?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Agreed with giving this more time.

Yes, please do share some stats (age, height, current weight, goal weight, gender).

How are you figuring out calories? Are you using a kitchen/food scale to weigh your food or are you using cups/spoons/guesstimating portions?

If you've just started exercising and/or close too TOM (if you are female, that is..), then you're likely retaining fluids. This will go away eventually. It's normal.

It has only been a week, and a one pound gain is within normal fluctuations. Don't sweat small gains... gains of up to 5lbs are normal for everyone.

Also, weight loss isn't linear. Sometimes you won't lose, sometimes you'll gain, so it is the downward tread that matters the most.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    You said "8 13" in an enigmatic way and mentioned Boots, which suggests you are in the UK. I deduce you are 8 stone 13lb. Am I right?
  • daniellemcfarland2
    Options
    I've been doing this for almost 2 weeks now. I log everything as closely as I can, do not have a food scale, but measure by 1/3 cups or spoonfuls. I weighed 200 when I started but am now up to 214! How does this happen? I know my measuring techniques may be slightly off, but a 14 lb gain? Help? I'm 38, f, 5f5
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,930 Member
    Options
    You weigh outside your house, at a drug store/pharmacy, wearing clothes, possibly after having eaten or drunk something (like tea, a crumpet, or what have you).

Not only can weight fluctuate several pounds from day to day, not only can i prove to you (with carefully picked examples) that a person weighing 3lbs more on day 30 actually LOST weight compared to day 1, something that they would never know if they only weighed themselves on those two days without access to the in-between observations, but you've further complicated this with the weight of your clothes and possibly food or drink!

Weigh as often as u can, put the info in a trending weight app, and hope that after 4-6 weeks you are able to see a pattern.

Ideally you should minimize extraneous variables....