Hello!

Hi everyone! I'm a busy mum of four, full time working as a newly qualified nurse. Hit my 30th birthday last year and always been unhappy with my body (especially my tummy). Working, studying and juggling kids meant my diet has always been convenient. I'm a size 10 so I'd always managed to get by but last year I noticed my shape had changed and my clothes just don't feel the same.
So I bought some fitness dvd's in the hope of being able to tone up! Especially now my uni work is finished and I've started a new job so I have more time to exercise.

I'd really appreciate any advice, after doing the Tony Horton beach body dvds everyday for about four weeks I'd noticed I'd lost 6 pounds, but not really toned up much.

I've fallen off the band wagon as I sprained my ankles badly so put a few pounds back on, and I'm excited to re start but does anyone have any better suggestions for me to try?

I can't join a gym due to finances and family commitments, so I'm exercising at home.

I've really enjoyed this journey and found eating better and exercise certainly gave me lots more energy.

Thank you!

Replies

• Drea0405
    Drea0405 Posts: 24 Member
    It sounds like you are on a great track, and I wish you nothing but the best!! :smile:
  • raech_86
    raech_86 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you for your reply!
    Any idea how long the process takes? X
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    It's a slow process...I think the hardest work is staying motivated through slow losses. BUT losing it slower will set you up more for success. Keep working on the food part...eating within your daily calorie allowance and focusing on building good eating habits for you and your family will set you all up for more success long term!

My weight loss averages around 1 lb a week...but I'm a lot older than you!
  • raech_86
    Okay thank you! I will get back on the band wagon!
    A pound a week is still really good! I was managing two pounds,
    Thank you for your support x
  • mandalaysissa
    mandalaysissa Posts: 35 Member
    in Brazil sizes are different.. size 10 are for kids for example. I'm a 42 in Brazil (169pounds; 5'4). What i'd be in U.S.? I can not remember
  • raech_86
    Oh wow that's interesting about the size difference ! X