I listened to Nike, and just did it! From 340lbs to my current 175lbs....17% BF

Options
omnpotnt
omnpotnt Posts: 20 Member
edited February 2017 in Success Stories
No surgery, No trainers or nutritionists....just hard work, a lot of help from the people on these forums, and of course support from my friends and family. I started out just by making small incremental changes...and built on those along the way. If you had told me before I started this is how I would eat at this point I would have said screw it and never started, but I would have been so wrong! I like eating for fuel....I like feeling better, I like learning what I have learned and knowing what I now know. I can still eat whatever i want, I choose not to...of course there are those moments where that piece of pizza looks sooo good....then have it. Don't fret over it....just don't do it all the time and you'll be fine. Thanks for everyone's advice, this site is amazing as are all the people on it.

For those starting out....do it slow...take the time to learn.....and don't do anything drastically...it's far less likely to last. Take things slower and make them a routine....a habit...and you'll see and feel the results.

Peace, and luck to all!
vk08477jcesc.jpg
pmeqjlbn3em2.jpg
2sv60274qntd.jpg

Replies

• aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job (and inspirational)!!
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AMAZING transformation!!! You've got a great smile... so I think you need to post another "after" one WITH you smiling ;-) Great job!!!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Got it going on!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    justlyn wrote: »
    AMAZING transformation!!! You've got a great smile... so I think you need to post another "after" one WITH you smiling ;-) Great job!!!

What she said! I thought the same thing.
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :)
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to all. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Dude! What an amazing transformation you've done. Congratualtions!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Killed it. Good job man!! Keep it up! What are your goals moving forward?
  • omnpotnt
    omnpotnt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd still like to lean out a bit....I've largely avoided loose skin issues, but still have a bit of 'sway ' in the belly area I'd like to take care of as well as I can. Other than that just staying healthy and continuing to work out...not so much to build more muscle but to maintain what I've got.....maybe work my glutes more lol.
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment, congrats! :star:
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration to all of us, thank you for sharing - it really motivates me!!
  • scareymary29
    scareymary29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    omnpotnt wrote: »
    No surgery, No trainers or nutritionists....just hard work, a lot of help from the people on these forums, and of course support from my friends and family. I started out just by making small incremental changes...and built on those along the way. If you had told me before I started this is how I would eat at this point I would have said screw it and never started, but I would have been so wrong! I like eating for fuel....I like feeling better, I like learning what I have learned and knowing what I now know. I can still eat whatever i want, I choose not to...of course there are those moments where that piece of pizza looks sooo good....then have it. Don't fret over it....just don't do it all the time and you'll be fine. Thanks for everyone's advice, this site is amazing as are all the people on it.

For those starting out....do it slow...take the time to learn.....and don't do anything drastically...it's far less likely to last. Take things slower and make them a routine....a habit...and you'll see and feel the results.

Peace, and luck to all!
    vk08477jcesc.jpg
    pmeqjlbn3em2.jpg
    2sv60274qntd.jpg
    omnpotnt wrote: »

Peace, and luck to all!
    vk08477jcesc.jpg
    pmeqjlbn3em2.jpg
    2sv60274qntd.jpg

• scareymary29
    scareymary29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! How long of a journey wa this for you? I am 34 years old and weight 255. I work out 5-6 times a week. I usually do 2.5 mikes in the treadmill waking and then a mile on the elliptical. I'm also trying to add some weights. It's hard when I've been this big for so long. I'm also a smoker and trying to quit so I can lead a healthier lifestyle. Your story truly is inspiring and if you have any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and well done!
    Ashley
  • Ainurion
    Ainurion Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Absolutely stunning! Congrats, and thanks for sharing your progress with the rest of us :)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    super story dude!!!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!