Just over Half way there before and after photos - 70lbs gone. I still cant see much difference

Options
2»

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! May your continuing journey continue to see that scale decline! :smiley:
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    We never seem to see our own progress. You're doing awesome! Keep up the great work! <3
  • Kaowdo
    Kaowdo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    TaorminaCK wrote: »
    Hi I started 1st June 2016 have had a few cheat weeks with Xmas and a wedding....another 65lbs to go yet. I know i have a long way still to go but its so strange i can see the difference when i look at these photos but then i think its just camera angles because in the mirror i dont see it. ( i promise you i am not saying this to get compliments - i rarely post anything) 2pl09k2ocdc4.jpg
    uv7p7xnsk2vm.jpg

• Kaowdo
    Kaowdo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Take my word for it, you are absolutely adorable...Cute as a button. You look like a totally new person. I think you don't see it..because you see yourself every day, and it's so gradual..you don't see it. We see the before photo, and the after photo...and go OMG!!!! To put it in perspective..picture 70# of fat. Go to google images and enter 10 pounds of fat. The picture will come up. Times that x 7. Or remember Oprah pulling that wagon of fat. I believe that was 68#. You are a motivation to me...because to lose 70#...would be a dream. That is an accomplishment you can be proud of, and I am proud of you.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    There is a significant difference. Way to go!! You look amazing!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you are really taking a fit shape.. a big difference. I can't wait to see you at goal. you're looking so beautiful .. :)
  • lorepres
    lorepres Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Big difference! You look great!
  • Taliafinch
    Taliafinch Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You have done amazingly. I hope I look so different after 70lb. Do you still have the leopard print shirt? pop that on I bet you can wrap yourself up in it!
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I feel ya girl! Before and during MFP I have lost 65lbs and I can barely tell a difference. That being said when I look at pics (yours and mine) I can tell a huge difference. You look amazing. Keep up the good work!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'll echo what everyone ^ else has said... Good job!!! Wishing you well as you continue your journey...

ps. you've got great hair!!! :-)
  • post191rickdye
    post191rickdye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I never noticed the extra 60lbs that I was carrying when I looked into the mirror. I only see the difference in pictures and it is drastic. I think the change both gaining and losing weight is so gradual that the way we look in the mirror just becomes the norm! Congrats on your journey. Keep it up!
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fantastic!! Keep up the great work and I wish you continued success!!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference! Just keep taking pictures and ignore the mirror
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look great - I see a big difference!! Very inspiring - Congrats on your success!! :)
  • SalvationMountain41
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic. I am sure you will continue to smash all your goals!
  • addickens
    addickens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I can see a huge difference. You are also so much healthier as a result of the significant weight loss. We often do not see ourselves as others see us due to a distorted body image from a lifetime of being obese. In other words, even after losing almost 100 pounds I still felt like the fat guy in the room.

Keep up the good work. You are doing a great job.

All the best.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on your success I can see it and anybody else can see it. Now here comes the reality you're going to be the last one to see it but at some point you will see it and it'll make the journey worth it.

I started at 288 my current weight is 208. I always saw myself has the fat man looking back at me in the mirror even though I knew I lost the weight I couldn't processor in my mind. I remember one time I went into the bathroom in a big box store and I caught my reflection in the mirror and I said what the hell is wrong with the mirror I don't look right then it hit me that's the new me. It literally took me about five months after I lost the first 50 pounds for the reality that hit me that I'm skinny. Now when I look in the mirror I like what I see and my brain goes to me you're not fat anymore.

As a sidebar the funny part and it's taking me a little longer when I look at pictures of myself my first reaction is I am fat and then I realize no I'm not
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i was a fat kid forever, then atnone point in my life, id finally gotten really thin, and it was lile i lept forgetting and was used to thinking of myself as 'fat', it took awhile to adjust. then, a number of years later, i ended up 'fat' again and kept forgetting i wasnt thin anymore. your brain will catch up! you're doing a great job and yes, it's noticeable! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!