Will I ever find one that fits? UGH!

Options
I'm excited we finally will be visiting a water park in September during our trip to Walt Disney World. I bought a new swimsuit online and the bottom fit great top not so great. I need a suit with good support on top (42DD) and something that controls the tummy. I've had 3 csections and have work to do in the tummy area. I can't seem to find one that fits both areas. I prefer a one piece but will wear a 2 piece IF it covers everything. I'm SO mad that I can't find one. Has anyone had a similar issue and found something that works for them?

Replies

• Ajontheguitar
    Options
    I went looking for suits last night, nothing fit :( I hear you loud and clear friend!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I live South Dakota and Sioux Falls is 75 minute drive. It's the closest place to find a suit. I've looked and can't find anything in the stores. Everything is for size 12 or smaller with smaller chests. I need something for biggest bust but I also don't want to be showing everything off either. I don't mind some but really I'm a mom of 3 no one at the water park wants to check "the girls out". Shopping online is driving me nuts! I order one and have to send it back. I find one I LOVE online and it's out of stock. Really!! I want to look amazing. For once in my life I want to feel proud in a swimsuit. Over the past few weeks I've worked hard at calories and working out. I feel great and want to see if when I look in the mirror! I don't expect to look like a barbie but I want to be proud of myself!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this style would appeal to you but about 5 years ago, I bought a swimdress from Fashion Bug and it was the best suit I ever bought. I'm also a DD and the empire waist style really helped support the "girls" and I like the dress style better than most of the skirted suits I'd seen.

Good luck!
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I spent a whole day shopping about 6 different stores and finally just had to settle. I'm big on top too. 40 g-h. Ugh! I have heard jc penney has a great selection, if there is one near you. I'd stay away from discount stores, Walmart, Target,etc. Because they don't cater to larger ladies, and you won't find the support you need. Fashion bug had sine decent choices, and lane bryant too. Yoy cab shop both online. A friend of mine suggested trying to find a suit with wider straps and a high back so you can wear a bra underneath for support. That might be something to look for as well. I really hate these "shelf bras" that only help if you're a perky b cup or smaller. I hope with weight loss my boobs will shrink but something tells me they will never be perky again... So I'll always dread bathing suit season
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I bought this swimsuit last year http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/pink-swimsuit-retro-swimsuit.html and it is amazing. It covers everything I want it to cover, the straps are adjustable and it makes me feel like an old school pin up girl! :happy: I love it so much, I've not bought another suit this year. I highly recommend it, and it comes in other colors, that's just the color I got. I wear a size 18 with XL shirts and I ordered the 2x and it fit perfectly. check their size charts tho, they are really true to measurements. There is also a LOT of support through the tummy area which makes me feel so much less self conscious.
  • sheller82
    sheller82 Posts: 13
    Options
    The best plus size, supportive swimsuit is my personal favorite, the Illusion Suit by Always for me. I used to be a 42DDD and this supported and flattered beautifully. Its pricey, but worth it!!!

http://www.alwaysforme.com/lingerieswim.html
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    This will seem odd, but when I was in St. Maarten a guy made one for me. It took him an hour. It was perfect! Sadly, it was made out of tourist material, so it didn't last.

If you have a seamstress, I bet she'd make one for you. Probably cost about as much as one in a store.

I always thought I couldn't find a suit because I was fat, my extremely fit friends say it doesn't matter, shopping for a suit sucks monkey balls.
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    One more thing... qvc has a line of swimsuit. You can look online. They have full under wire bras built in. Up to your size. Lots of support. I didn't go that route only because I had already bought and worn something else and they were pricey and I'm hoping to be a much smaller size by next summer.
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    I'm excited we finally will be visiting a water park in September during our trip to Walt Disney World. I bought a new swimsuit online and the bottom fit great top not so great. I need a suit with good support on top (42DD) and something that controls the tummy. I've had 3 csections and have work to do in the tummy area. I can't seem to find one that fits both areas. I prefer a one piece but will wear a 2 piece IF it covers everything. I'm SO mad that I can't find one. Has anyone had a similar issue and found something that works for them?

I didn't read everyone's post, but the suits I get from Always for Me online have worked the best. I pick a swim skirt style to cover my c-section bump. they are spendy, but stand by their products! good luck. they ship quick too
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I always order swimming suits online just because there is nothing good around here. Torrid is my favorite lol and I got a really nice one this year - a size smaller than I normally wear just so I keep on track with losing the weight!

Just try looking for stuff online, especially if you have a bit of a drive to get to anything halfway decent.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I like Land's End. They sell separates. I'm a size smaller up top than bottom. I can't ever buy dresses or suit sets or one-piece bathing suits because they never fit right.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Torrid.com

They have some for pretty good prices right now. It's basically like a plus size division of Hot Topic but a wider variety of styles. I got one there last year that was a really cute pink and black striped tankini. Fit awesome, was very slimming, showed the perfect amount of cleavage. This year it's too big because of weight loss, my mom even said the other day I looked like I was wearing a diaper because the bottoms are saggy.

Not enough ladies know about this site. It's a little expensive sometimes but not outrageous. Plus they have lots of cute lingerie!
  • FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret!

All of the bathing suit tops are sold by bra size. They have an entire section of DD and up sizes.
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Ooh! Which one? We went to Typhoon Lagoon last year and had a fab time!!!! Come out with lots of scrapes and bruises tho! The funniest thing happened.....I was watching my son and partner far out in the big waves (I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to deep water), the wave finally got to me it was so strong it knocked me off my feet! I stood up laughing, but hadn't realise my top was um.....not in the correct position!!!! V embarrassing lol. Hope you have a great time!!!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'd stay away from discount stores, Walmart, Target,etc. Because they don't cater to larger ladies, and you won't find the support you need.

I am also much larger on top than bottom...I bought a Miraclesuit bathing suit a year or so ago and it was great, but over $100. That was after shopping at about 50 stores and trying on about 200+ suits.
    This year, I needed a new suit and didn't have much time to shop, so I ran to Walmart out of desperation not expecting to find anything and I tried on about 15 bathing suits...I ended up buying 3 of them! I was amazed :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Ooh! Which one? We went to Typhoon Lagoon last year and had a fab time!!!! Come out with lots of scrapes and bruises tho! The funniest thing happened.....I was watching my son and partner far out in the big waves (I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to deep water), the wave finally got to me it was so strong it knocked me off my feet! I stood up laughing, but hadn't realise my top was um.....not in the correct position!!!! V embarrassing lol. Hope you have a great time!!!

Typhoon Lagoon! Can't wait (never said that about a water park before!). Any good tips?