17 Weeks into getting to 1/2 my size Starting weight 405.5 --> 328.8

Options
pkt0omcnowtm.jpg

I am a numbers guy - so I like to look at trends. I am 57 years old and 6' 2" tall. While I weigh everyday, I really focus on my 4 and 6 week average number. That helps to smooth out things like fluid retention etc. My highest weight ever was 562.3 back in April of 2004. Over 2 years I lost 360 lbs. I managed to keep the weight off for 7 years. Then over the next few years, I gained back 200 of those hard lost 360 lbs. Finally woke up and realized this weight thing almost killed me in my 40's - it was sure going to kill me in my 50's

This picture is a few weeks old - I have not done one this week yet.

hz9zeo4v63k8.jpeg

I wish everyone the very best!

Charles

Replies

• rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing, Charles! Way to go! You can really see a difference in your waist and midsection, as well as your face. Keep up the great work!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    You've done it before and you will do it again! You're living proof that you can lose weight at any age!

I'm same age as you and I feel more fit than I did in my 40's!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job! You might like a trending app like Happy Scale or Trend Weight. You can track your weight daily and it will set a trend line, rolling average, etc. You can set the parameters it uses, like 7 days or 30 days for the average. They also give you good historical data/reports and a graph.
  • lavender51
    lavender51 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You're doing great!
  • MollyMS77
    MollyMS77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome progress!!
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Great job, so inspiring!
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It seems so slow at time - but I know that is just impatience. :)
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and amazing work, be proud of your accomplishment.
  • JudyBosworth
    JudyBosworth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Charles, we are all proud of you. I just reached my own personal goal which in this recent AND FINAL weight loss journey has been an official loss at TOPS of 47 lb. From my overall top of 237 twelve years ago, I'm down 87 lb and cannot believe I ever weighed that much. (I'm short!). Keep it up - and my one bit of advice would be to continue whatever you are doing now for the next 50 years of your life and also ENJOY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!