How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing after le bathroom. Chuck it into HappyScale. Then log on here once a week.

As people have said, it's good to see the actual trend and not get freaked out by fluctuation.

This !
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Daily, and once a week (every Sunday) I calculate the average and log that here on MFP. I use Libra (weight trend app) for my daily weight record. :)
  • Lashawn71188
    Lashawn71188 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just about everyday. That way if what I'm doing isn't working I can quickly reassess what I'm doing by looking at my food and workout logs.
  • taldar
    taldar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the exact same time in the exact same place!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    daily after I get up and pee in the am; and I log it into my FITBIT app which connects to MFP but also lets the nutrition folks I'm working with see my info
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Everyday I go to the gym. After my workout and shower, fully clothed.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Like several others here, I weigh daily and track it in Libra. On Mondays I log my actual weight for that day here (although the weekly average idea is intriguing). I've been known to hop on the scale right before bed too, just so I can compare it to the next morning's reading.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight I would weigh twice a week. One was the "official" weigh-in and the other was a mid-week checkup that I used to tell me if I needed to do something to make sure the official weigh-in showed a drop in weight. Now that I'm just trying to maintain my weight the two weigh-ins have morphed into one pre-weekend checkup. On weekends I like to pick a restaurant to stop at while I'm out riding my bicycle. I don't ever want to think "If I hadn't eaten there my weight wouldn't have gone up." So, I weigh before the weekend and if it is within range then I'm free to relax a bit, but if it is out of range then I make adjustments accordingly.
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I use Happy Scale. Wednesday is my "official" weigh-in day that I record here.
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Every morning!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    At least weekly, often more than once a day. I've been tracking my weight weekly and that's the only time I make a point of weighing (and measuring). But some days I step on the scale every time I go in the bathroom. Sometimes I'll go a few days without weighing at all.
  • dalem12
    dalem12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Every morning for me and log it using Happy Scale.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    daily but only update here on Thursdays good or bad
  • SparklyBubblyBabe
    SparklyBubblyBabe Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I weigh 4-7 times a week, but I only log if the weight has dropped since my last weigh-in. I'm considering just logging all my weights though so I can reassure myself that when I've been stuck at a weight in the past, I always lose it. It's just so difficult to watch the scales not do anything for 3 weeks and then have it plummet on week 4.
  • Boland_D
    Boland_D Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'll randomly step on the scale maybe twice a week for the heck of it.
    But my weigh-in day is Friday morning.
  • Turbooble
    Turbooble Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning when I wake up. I find its a true motivator. Each morning even if I lose an ounce I find that it helps push me through the next day understanding that what I did the previous day's worked. If I happen to gain a few ounces then it gives me a chance to go back and review my daily food diary and my exercise and my water intake as well as what I did throughout the day. It has given me a chance to learn more about how my body reacts to certain things. <3
  • joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was doing once a week but found that my mood for that morning would hinge too much on just one number. Weighing several times per week and logging it into Happy Scale has helped me "detach" emotionally from that number. I know I am following CICO and so blips here and there are becoming less of an issue :)
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I just put this in the other thread..... I weigh every day I'm home (I don't use other scales). I weigh in the same conditions (or as close to) as I can manage.

I miss happy scale, ideal if you have iOS, there is libra for android, trendweight.com on a web browser.

It does help, in the graph below you can see I 'put on' 1lb a day for 4 days (TOM fun). Now if I'd only weighed in on day 4 I may have thought I'd made no progress in the last month. I've been weighing like this for 9 months and I've spotted the trends alond with what I've eaten. Day 10 was the day after my favourite Chinese meal, but I expeced that.

4w.png