do 30 day squat/ab challenges work?

Options
So I have a naturally big butt.. mind you it's somewhat fat now instead of muscle like it used to be. I have started a 30 day squat challenge, do they work? I need some exercises for at home to get a huge booty for beginners ( I'm a bit out of shape) I'm not at my goal weight yet. I still have about 20lbs to go, but when I do lose the fat I want to reveal a huge booty!! Thank you.

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    a 30 day squat challenge will not result in a big muscular butt. but its a good start , you need a lot more than 30 days and a lot heavier than bodyweight. and you need a good diet. a good strength program, and diligence , and all that kinda stuff,
  • TilKingdomCome
    TilKingdomCome Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up a 30 day ab and squat challenge and I would say no, they don't work.

I've lost all definition in my abs and feel wobbly.

I used to do a 5min fitness blender.com ab workout 3/week to get the definition that's now gone. I'll be going back to that in a couple of days.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    You could look at the Strong curves program which focuses on the lower body.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up a 30 day ab and squat challenge and I would say no, they don't work.

I've lost all definition in my abs and feel wobbly.

I used to do a 5min fitness blender.com ab workout 3/week to get the definition that's now gone. I'll be going back to that in a couple of days.

Are the challenges supposed to be in lieu of your regular work out or in addition thereto?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'd shoot for a well rounded strength training program personally. How big your butt is naturally comes down to genetics and until you get to a lower body fat there's really no way of knowing what you're working with.

All strength training (that's not machine based) requires engaging the core for stabilisation, I only do isolated work now and again. And I do a lot more than just regular squats for retaining butt muscle.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    for me, I've done squat challenges and I find as soon as I finish - so does the look I was getting. I think the key is to keep doing them. I've also read that doing 30 a day every day is better than doing 100 a day because you probably wont be doing it with proper form.
    I also add these to workouts and do them even when its my rest days.