18 lbs down and 140 to go! Pics to come!

Options
I started this journey May 31, 2011. On June 9th I was diagnosed borderline type 2 diabetes. I've been keeping blood sugar low and I managed to go on vacation and still lose some weight... If someone will tell me how to post pics within this topic I will. I joined a gym June 23 and been going religiously every since. 5 days a week. My entire life Ive been overweight and teased and I'm sick of it. I'm ready to be healthy and be able to run around the yard with my kids and not feel like im dying! lol Plus I don't want to have to take any more medicines...I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and high blood pressue so I have to take blood pressure medicines and a medicine for the PCOS. I also have to take blood thinners because in 2005 I got a blood clot in my lefg and then in my lungs and then again in 2008, so thats three medicines every day I have to take.. I refuse to add another type of major medicine!!!!Need friends to encourage me along the way! It is such a hard journey because I'm sooooo not patient! lol I want to work out hard as hell monday and tuesday be able to see a big difference lol I want it to just melt away overnight and I know thats not possible lol

Replies

• dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Hello fellow pcos'er! You're doing great i can't wait to see the pics!! you can add me if you'd like <3 christina
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will help anyway that I can.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You are doing a fantastic job!! :)
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Wtg!! Keep up what you're doing and you will reach your goals!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You can insert a picture this way:
    [i m g] http://.......... [/i m g] remove spaces, and put the direct link to the image inside the brackets where I have the http://
  • neffle75
    neffle75 Posts: 22
    Options
    Keep up the good work. You have to be patient! If you keep up what you are doing the punds will drop off in now time. I am very impatient person too but you can do it!
  • jpaden
    jpaden Posts: 21
    Options
    Have you looking into the low GI diet for people with PCOS, I have PCOS also and find that it has really helped. Although I do not have the complications from it that you do.
  • dianeboehm
    dianeboehm Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't get discouraged along the way. You will have ups and downs. You will hit plateaus. My husband lost 85 pounds and it took almost 2 years. It's a life style change of eating healthy and exercise. Keep up the good work and you will reach your goals. It's all about attitude and choices.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    18 pounds is awesome! Way to go and a great start :D
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Cheers to you for starting your weight loss journey. You've done an amazing job so far. Stick with it, don't get discouraged and you WILL make it there. If you need another friend for support and motivation, feel free to add me. Best of luck to you. :o)
  • lgwood4
    lgwood4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl keep it up!! I have found the easiest way to lose and keep it off is by always keeping a food journal even it you don't do good one day, at least you can see why you didn't! stay focused and live healthy!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!