Pop (soda)....what's that?

Options
I just realized today that I have been drinking so much water that i dont even have a craving for pop anymore. I dont ever even think about drinking it. Not with salty snacks, not with dinner, not at lunch. I wasnt a Huge pop drinker, but i did love my occasional diet coke for lunch or dinner, maybe with some popcorn! It's funny, the reason i bring this up, someone just said to me at work " i see you toting around your water bottle and orange straw everyday, dont you get sick of that water"....and I had to think a second....no...i dont- HA...oh my goodness, i dont!! I actually PREFER drinking water. Now dont get me wrong, i was always very good at getting my water intake in for the day, there wasnt a question- but did i enjoy it? probably not- Did I prefer it- most likely not! Maybe this for me is NSV but it is a lifestyle change that I had always wanted to accomplish. NOTE: This doesnt mean I wont EVER have a sip of pop with a salty snack, but for now, there is no desire to run to the pop machine on break, or oder one if i go out to eat, and i have no plans on buying any pop at the store. H20, you are my preference...

....that's all. Nothing huge. Just wanted to share :) Happy wednesday all!!!

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that one. I love my water! I will have pop if I'm offered it, but then I'll have tea if I'm offered and thirsty and I loathe tea :P Bt water is my choice! And best of all...it's free! Even in resturants and bars! I don't drink sparkling and I don't really get vitamin water. Plain ole tap water is good enough for me.
  • danog8
    danog8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should downplay this. THIS IS GREAT! Water is so important to the body (which i'm sure you know), so when you come to the point where you prefer it, that's a big WIN! :) Congrats!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    great job! I have been an avid water drinker for years, before it was "cool" :laugh: but, I do love my Diet Mt. Dew....I have a case in the fridge at home...I *might* drink 1 or 2 a week...generally I prefer water. Funny how that happens.
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    never been a big pop drinker, but i did drink lots of tea with sugar in it. i cut out the sugar and cut down on the amount of tea i drank and i prefer water tbh.
  • TheSarahHill
    TheSarahHill Posts: 185
    Options
    I don't think you should downplay this. THIS IS GREAT! Water is so important to the body (which i'm sure you know), so when you come to the point where you prefer it, that's a big WIN! :) Congrats!

I couldn't have said it better!
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My New Year's Resolution was to stop drinking soda... That's was a pretty GIANT accomplishment for me, because I was a Mt. Dew addict. I used to drink 3 or 4 a day -- regular, not diet. I gave them up not so much because I was concerned about weight, but just because I know soda is so terrible for you in many other ways. I drank a LOT of coffee and sweet tea the first month or so to deal with the caffeine withdrawl, then gradually came off of that. Have't had coffee in about three months, and I only drink sweet tea a couple times a week at most. I find most times that I would just RATHER drink water now... Strange.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I agree! Soda pop just isn't what it used to be to me anymore, and I love that fact. I don't need it. Sure it goes great with movie theater popcorn, chips, etc. But you know what? I love a big bottle of ice cold water. Its so refreshing, doesn't leave a bad after taste, doesn't coat your teeth with a sugary caffeinated film, doesn't eat your stomach inside out, etc etc LOL! haha
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I hear you....and I concur! I hadn't had a soda in many months....until yesterday when the flu bug struck. So I had a 7-up to settle my stomach! I honestly don't miss it at all.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I wish I could say I was with you. I drink my water and am much better about it. But I would much rather drink some crystal light, iced tea, lemonade or anything else. I was never a soda drinker but I am still not a fan of water. Hopefully someday it will not have to be a conscious decision to drink water. I am hoping it becomes a habit eventually.
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Agree!
    Because growing up my mom never bought pop, we never got used to it, and it was always for a special occasion that we drank it.
    I'll have some pop every now and then, at a cookout or something, but rarely other than that.
    Water all the way!!!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I agree! I actually *just* posted to my update that I took the kids to see Harry Potter today and had a small popcorn and drink. I felt like it was a total waste of my calories because I didn't even enjoy them.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I am glad to see so many people agreeing, i thought I was crazy for being so excited about not even wanting pop anymore. It wasnt even really for weight loss, i was drinking diet coke if i did have pop, but no matter what i ate, even on my best days, i always felt like my stomach was rock hard ( and trust me, i dont mean jillian micheals 15 packs abs hard) haha, i mean bloated...It has been such a nice change. Sometimes when water seems dull i'll throw a lime or two in there to spice things up, but other than that I think i have become one of those who order water- and i was just thinking about it too- isnt it annoying how a simple drink can add another, let's say, 2-3$ onto your meal ( let's say at subway or a resturaunt) REALLY- that much for a fountain drink? I'll take the FREE water, with the FREE slice of lime!!

:)