Looking for breastfeeding moms

Options
2»

Replies

• Karie2017
    Karie2017 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I was also told by a dr that 1 ounce of breast milk is 20 calories.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    kromanich wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Nursing my soon to be 4 month old. Anyone have any luck actually figuring out how many calories we should take in. I did a calculator who told me I should eat 2200 cals. yeah that is so not going to happen. I don't see any way I would loose the weight again eating that much.

After about two months, well after my supply was established, I started eating at maintenance (for me that was around 2700 or so), loosely tracking my cals. This allowed me to slowwly lose the weight without affecting my supply. It seems like a lot of cals, but don't forget nursing can burn anywhere from 300-600cals per day.

So ideally, I can eat at my maintained level of 1900 and that will be enough?

1900 is pretty low while bfing. You really do need to eat enough
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Currently breastfeeding my 7 month old and trying to lose about 35 - 40 lbs to get me at a healthy weight. I'm trying to lose weight without affecting my supply, as I'd like to continue to breastfeed until his first birthday. Feel free to add me.
  • kromanich
    kromanich Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Nursing my soon to be 4 month old. Anyone have any luck actually figuring out how many calories we should take in. I did a calculator who told me I should eat 2200 cals. yeah that is so not going to happen. I don't see any way I would loose the weight again eating that much.

After about two months, well after my supply was established, I started eating at maintenance (for me that was around 2700 or so), loosely tracking my cals. This allowed me to slowwly lose the weight without affecting my supply. It seems like a lot of cals, but don't forget nursing can burn anywhere from 300-600cals per day.

So ideally, I can eat at my maintained level of 1900 and that will be enough?

1900 is pretty low while bfing. You really do need to eat enough

The above calculator told me to eat 1900 cals. So how do you really determine what is enough and still safely loose weight and not hurt your supply
  • MaxsMommy36
    MaxsMommy36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My son is 3 months old now and I am exclusively breastfeeding. Feel free to add me! I'd love to have some help and also help anyone I can stay motivated. I've got almost 70 more lbs to go to reach my goal.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I have a 2 year old still nurses. Since he nurses only 2 or 3 times a day, I can manage with 1600 to 1800 calories. Please add me if you'd like!
  • sharzeblake
    sharzeblake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All, lovely to hear all your stories and backgrounds. I have just turned 32 and a mother of 2 boys, 10 years old and 5 months. I put on roughly I believe 3 stones during pregnancy, going from 11 stones to 14 stones. I have been trying to eat healthy and exercise now since having my son in September. I am now 12 stones 6 but ideally would love to get back to my original weight of 10.5 stones before I had my first son.
    I am giving myself until May 30th to do this as i have a family vacation and want to look and feel my best.
    I am also exclusively breastfeeding however I have started weaning. He is is feeding still around 3 feeds a day.

I would love if you all could add me as I'm new to this or show me how it's done. I am very motivated but just would like to share my experience and make doing so more fun and interactive!

Good luck mamas x
  • JLN85
    JLN85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My daughter will be 8 weeks this Friday and I'm exclusively breastfeeding.i pump one bottle worth a day so my husband can feed her once at night