Long road to getting in better shape

CWebbs88
CWebbs88 Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. I have always struggled with my weight....not that I was ever overweight. (Until now) I just had to bust my butt to stay healthy.
I have, for a lack of a better way to put it....let myself go the last couple years.

Now comes the hard part, losing weight and staying healthy. I am about 50 lbs over my goal weight and I am finding it hard to get motivated and stay motivated.

Replies

• AlexFurber
    AlexFurber Posts: 7 Member
    Hi there! I'm new to this too and have always struggled with my weight, I'm more than happy to help you stay motivated over your diet period if you can do the same for me! As a bit of encouragement I have only been doing this seriously for a month and have already lost a stone! If you only want to lose 50lb, this time in a month you could be over a quarter of the way there!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree with the motivation aspect of it. I always have a hard time and when it comes to eating/exercising, I "just don't feel like it today" .. but I realized that it's just excuses. I'm creeping up on the highest I've ever weighed and a few days ago decided I really needed to change it. Started logging what I was eating with no changes the first few days, now making some changes to see progress. I got someone I know to be my accountability partner, so that's definitely helping as well.

Feel free to add me for additional support if you want :)
  • qmaybe6
    qmaybe6 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello! I'm so here with you guys. I have been going hard for a little over 2 weeks. My workouts are serious and my eating; well.lets just say I'm taking baby steps. But keeping it under 1300 call and carbs low.
  • CWebbs88
    CWebbs88 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks girls. It's helpful knowing there are lots of people in the same position. I have a feeling this app will be extremely helpful.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Do please google BJ Fogg and his take on motivation -- hope this helps. Good luck on your journey!!