Zumba - and other fitness crazes

Options
Hi

I'm fairly new to this and tentatively getting back into exercising after a couple of years (if you're interested here's why.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279074-new-from-london ).

Anyway, food-wise I find this site fine, but exercises are sorely lacking aren't they? There are options for housework and gardening but none for the most popular stuff around.

I have started Zumba, it's supposed to be THE massive craze at the moment but there is no Zumba option. What do you put?
I have logged it as high impact aerobics - is that right?

Also about to start Bikram yoga, but the only option for yoga on here is some gentle meditation type that burns about 50 calories or something ridiculous.

Would it be that hard for us to start adding new options?

Dee

Replies

• PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested in the Zumba question, it looks like you can add them as aerobics (I do high-impact but it depends how hard you go into Zumba).

To work out your actual Zumba Calories go here: http://www.zumbacalories.com
  • karenp84
    karenp84 Posts: 119
    Options
    Yeah thats what i would add my zumba class as too!
  • PrincessMissDee
    Options
    Now I have started Capoeira... just need to figure that out :)
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know they don't have any listing for the kinesis wall either and that totally bugs me. its a super awesome work out and burns MEGA calories!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i used to log it as high impact aerobics but now that i have my hrm i can log it as zumba. i found that mfp was under estimating my calorie burn! i can burn from 550-630 a class!

nice to see a fellow uker!
  • bymelya1
    bymelya1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Go to www. zumbacalories.com they have a calorie calculator based on your height and intensity.
  • moochyesh
    moochyesh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link! It was counting mine under also =[ Oh well great link
  • PrincessMissDee
    Options
    Great!

Does anyone have any ideas for the yoga then? Bikram yoga, 90 mins a session, I drink a litre and a half of water and easily sweat just as much.