Weight Loss and Shoe Size

Options
For those who have lost weight and now have a new shoe size, how many sizes did your feet change? How much did you lose? Did you think your feet were fat before?

I'd love to drop a shoe size. I currently wear a 10.5 and it's just about the hardest size to find.

But my feet aren't very fat.... They actually look rather veiny and tendony and unattractive. I also don't wear a wide.

I'm 5'8" and about 269.

Replies

• thunderthighsandlightning
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and when I lost 70 lbs two years ago, my feet shrunk from an 11-12 to a 10-11. It was enough of a change for me to get rid of my cute size 12 shoes cos they fell off me. However, I gained back around 50 lbs and my feet haven't gone back up in size. I can imagine losing .5 of a shoe size in your case, but it really just depends--I lost weight in my hands and feet but I had a friend who lost weight and kept weight there.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My shoe size did not change one bit. I was a 9 wide at my highest weight, I'm still a 9 wide 106 pounds smaller.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    It varies from person to person. I've only lost 16lbs so far, but I can tell my feet are probably almost 1/2 size smaller already. My shoes all feel very loose. When I was at my smallest (high school/early college) I could wear a 9 1/2 but recently at my highest weight I have been wearing an 11.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I never thought my feet were fat and didn't know it was possible to lose shoe sizes but I went from an 8 to 7.5 (sometimes 7)
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 lbs so far and lately I've been having problems with my shoes being "floppy". I've always had very narrow heels but apparently now the rest of my foot is also getting narrower even though I never really thought my feet were wide at all. At my heaviest I was wearing mostly size 9 and some size 9.5, now 9.5 seems to be too big mostly because of width.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mine went down a half size with a 25 lb loss. Not everyone's feet change size though.
  • cafisher0404
    cafisher0404 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was a 9 before, I've lost 40ish pounds and still a 9.. and I'm only 5'3
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I wish I would shrink show sizes . I am 10.5 too and I feel your pain when it comes to show shopping. Unfortunately I have long thin feet and they didn't change even after a 65 pound loss
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    5'8, lost 50 lbs and dropped a half size down. I'm a size 9 again like prechildren. :-)
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm still a 10.5 after a 90lb + weight loss. I used to get wide width shoes, but now I think the regular width is fine.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 lbs so far and lately I've been having problems with my shoes being "floppy". I've always had very narrow heels but apparently now the rest of my foot is also getting narrower even though I never really thought my feet were wide at all. At my heaviest I was wearing mostly size 9 and some size 9.5, now 9.5 seems to be too big mostly because of width.

Oh! I have the same issue. Narrow heels.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!