Definition in one arm?

Options
I have been lifting weights for about 6 weeks and can really tell a difference in the definition and muscle mass in one arm. In the other arm? Almost nothing. I have been using the same weights in both arms and have progressed to heavier weights at the same pace in both arms, so I don't know why it would be this imbalanced. It is worth note that I have broken the arm that I'm having trouble with 3 times, but that was more than 10 years ago. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I have no answer but following because I'm experiencing the same thing! My right arm looks (for me) quite impressive; my left arm? Hardly any difference! I use dumbbells,same weight both sides - wondering if I should make it heavier on the left side.
    As regards the fracture- I broke my right scapula 4 years ago but I'm still stronger on that side.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have been lifting weights for about 6 weeks and can really tell a difference in the definition and muscle mass in one arm. In the other arm? Almost nothing. I have been using the same weights in both arms and have progressed to heavier weights at the same pace in both arms, so I don't know why it would be this imbalanced. It is worth note that I have broken the arm that I'm having trouble with 3 times, but that was more than 10 years ago. Has anyone else experienced this?

Go thank your parents. Genetics determines where you lose fat first. It will eventually even out a bit.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Go thank your parents. Genetics determines where you lose fat first. It will eventually even out a bit.

I can't speak for the op but ,I'm not trying to lose weight- I'm gaining!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I can see the muscles in one arm and not the other. I call that my Flex Friday arm!
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My non-dominant arm is more cut. or maybe I'm just better at flexing that one.