Weighing myself

Options
How often do you guys weigh yourselves, daily, every other day, weekly, or biweekly?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Most days... But I don't stress over the fluctuations.
  • kelzs77
    kelzs77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weight myself about every 8-10 days.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Daily and trend it in both Excel and Trendweight.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever. I take measurements
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Weekly, just for self accountability.
  • nicholas_curcio
    nicholas_curcio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I appreciate it!
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    About once per week
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Every day. I track the trends in the Android app Libra. This is one of many things I do to keep myself accountable.
  • Middangeard
    Middangeard Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, whenever I think about it, which is usually at least a couple times a week. No schedule for it.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Only after the time I spend effort in fasting, reigning in my weight. That's the only time I want to know if my effort is on track and if adjustment is necessary. In other time I already know that I gain (a little) or maintain and weighing is not necessary.
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Weekly, on Fridays, but some weeks I get anxious and step on the scale mid week.
  • FynestOne
    FynestOne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every day I weigh myself. This is the only way that I am able to stay on track with weight loss. Otherwise, I go overboard on eating.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Once a week turned out to stress me out more than I thought it would. I'm back to daily just to see the fluctuations. I only record it once a week.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Daily, so I can see the trends.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Every morning right after I wake up and use the bathroom. Weighing daily keeps me motivated and holds me accountable.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self rarely. But I do weigh my food! I rely more on how my clothes are fitting (or not). I buy my clothes 2nd hand, based on "lying flat". e.g. waist in inches; so, if I can't pull them up or they don't zip up or they are tight, obviously there is a problem. I weigh myself mainly so that I can get the check in the box on MFP and see how close I am to my target weight by "X" date.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Daily, then I use the average for the week to figure out what I've lost. I fluctuate daily and I've had situations where I weigh (for example) 137 on Tuesday and 137 the following Tuesday but I had actually lost 1.5lbs. It's easier for me to track my true weight loss with daily weigh-ins. Once I get
    to goal and figure out my maintenance calories I will probably go back to once or twice a week.
  • tobandit
    tobandit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Daily, keeps me accountable. For me, if I'm not on it things can get out of hand... I trend this, and don't freak out about a fluctuations. I log once a week, on Tuesday's, in MFP. I always log in MFP, regardless if I'm up or down.
  • lennyt91
    lennyt91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Thursday morning. It helps to keep me motivated. After a few months, I'll transition to every 2 weeks, but for now I am sticking with weekly.
  • Jeprout66
    Jeprout66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and then average it at the end of the week.