Weight loss stall

Options
Hi everyone! I've been consistently working out 5-6 days a week for 2 months. I do 15-20 minutes of cardio, and then lifting altogether for about an hour. My diet is pretty clean. I weighed myself for the first time today and I gained 2 pounds. I understand I've probably gained muscle. But I'm very frustrated I don't want to "maintain" this weight I want to lose a certain amount of weight and after 2 months of not one pound gone it's very discouraging. Can anyone help me please? What can I be doing better? Thank you, all the best!

Replies

• sripley92
    sripley92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you don't already, maybe you need to look more closely at your energy intake and tracking food to ensure you definitely are creating a calorie deficit below your TDEE. Otherwise maybe try upping your cardio. Longer and more intense cardio sessions could give be the change you need. If you don't already incorporate HIIT into your cardio that could also be a positive change.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You can eat clean, and still go over on your daily calorie allowance. You need to figure your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). Then slowly adjust under that until you start loosing. I would not go more that 500 calories under. For example, say your TDEE is 1800 calories. I would start at say 1600 calories for your daily calorie allowance. Then adjust from there.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You weighed yourself for thE first time today? So you've gained 2 lbs since when? Did you use the same scale? Did you weigh naked first thing in the morning? You gotta start by comparing apples to apples so to speak.