I Lost 160 Lbs Then Found Most of It !

Options
Yeah, so, back in 2011, I weighed in at 370 lbs and by the end of 2013, I was down to 210 and bounced as low as 200 and back to 210.

I was a success story! My original goal was 225 and then tone up and man those first 70 lbs fell off like butter! I did it with mostly diet and walking/hiking and eventually more work outs like basketball, boxing and weights.

Fast forward a few years...

Today, February 22nd 2017, I am at 300 lbs after 6 days of consistent logging.

I just slowly started to gain it back... going from a Large T Shirt and 34 pants to an XL... to a XXL to pretty close to a XXXL ... and at a 42 waist line... I quit myfitnesspal years ago...

It sucks. I know. I feel like I not only let myself down but my 6 year old son and my wife who I originally started this journey for 5 years ago... but Im sucking it up and getting back to the grindstone.

I went to therapy, I discovered why I eat and I worked on that and I think that was resolved as logging for the last 6 days has not been nearly as hard as it was. I stopped working out, I was working a job that was 60-80 hours a week and I am no longer in that situation... I work from home now doing the thing I love which is photography... and I have no excuses.

I have no excuses.

I am fat.

I also have realized I think myfitnesspal is going to be a lifelong commitment to keep me honest and to keep a positive relationship with food.

Thanks for reading my story, I just wanted to re-introduce myself -

My name is Mike, I am 6 feet tall and 300 lbs currently planning a goal of again a 75 lb loss.

Hi!

Replies

• Strive4Progress
    Strive4Progress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Feel free to add me for support:)
  • Bella954
    Bella954 Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    1st of all....you did it b4, u can do it again!!! I'm on the same boat as you ...let's do this!!!! Find a diet that works for u stick to it for a month and then slowly start working out
  • Zengrizzly
    Zengrizzly Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you need support, brother, add me. Otherwise, be well and see you in 75 lbs!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I have been there too many times to count ...so I feel ya...but at least you are back trying and that is the most important thing ....YOU GOT THIS !! You are welcome to add me :)
  • goldentamarin
    goldentamarin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also in this boat, you guys. It is a really frustrating and shameful experience to backpedal on SO much progress!! I think it's healthy to admit that. But the empowering thing is, like Bella said, we did once before so we can definitely do it again!! If anything, we have a learning curve since these behaviors were habits at one point, and that means they can become habits again. Fall down X times, get back up X+1 times. Always.

I grew up chubby and really struggled with my self-image because of weight. When I moved away for college, I adopted a healthier lifestyle and started working out often... I was always at 170-180 during my teenage years and in 2015, I managed to get down to the lower end of the 140's. It was great! I had so much confidence and it did wonders for my mental health.

Fast forward 2016, I fell into a pretty severe depressive episode for basically the whole year (I know) and gained back everything I had lost... and then some. Around November of last year, I was the heaviest I'd ever been at 230. For someone who is 5'4"... it was miserable. And a wake-up call to reevaluate my relationship with food. It's been an uphill battle coming out from such a deep end... but I've managed to lose 30lbs since then. Even though MFP logs my weight loss as ZERO because my past success story is on record with the site. I'm at 194 and I can't wait to get back to my former heaviest lol.

If anyone else is in a similar position and wants to add me, please go ahead!! I have found that friends on MFP are really good for support, motivation, and mostly -- inspiration.

We're gonna do it! To quote Bojack... it gets easier, the hard part is just doing it every day. but it WILL get easier.
  • sulibee19
    sulibee19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love this post. You can do this. You know how. And you know why.

I don't feel like this is my last chance to get this weight thing conquered, but I do feel like I don't want to waste anymore time being/feeling unhealthy. I've lost over 63 lbs since I started using MFP a few years back. I am currently at 39 lbs lost because I gained. Since I began again, I've broken down my weight loss goals so I'm not overwhelmed. I have 30 lbs to go until I hit my next goal and another 20 after that. When I get there, I'll see how I feel.

And...this time it's for me, not for my family (even though it benefits us all of I'm in good shape), not so I am "dateable" (because I think I already am), and not because I don't like how people describe me (although being called "heavyset" was a big ouch, when I don't even think about myself in those terms). It's just because I owe it to myself to see this through. I matter.

And so do you.
  • areneau89
    areneau89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I'm in the same boat and have gained a total of 65 lbs in a span of 7 years. It's never too late to be fed up and really make a change!!!
  • Lioness_1978
    Lioness_1978 Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. You sound like you're definitely ready and realizing you need to journal long term is a biggy. I lost 85lbs once before 13 yrs ago. I kept it off for years. Got debilitating vertigo and it changed my life and what I could do. Got depressed and inactive not being able to do what I loved. My highest weight the first time was 225 lbs. I started this journey 3 yrs ago at 327 lbs. I knew from the get go this was a life long thing for my permanent health. Regardless of how I feel physically. I have strength trained for the last 3 yrs 3xs a week. I am down 129 lbs in 3 yrs with 27 lbs left to go. No time frames. Lots of good mental change. You can do this! Feel free to add me
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    29 ..... 29 years I've yoyoed started at 112 wanted back to 105 ended up 20 years later 244 yoyoing chunks off and on

Last year I started at 231 got to 167 now I'm 206
    I did get really ill was doing vlcd meal replacements and now I'm realising cals is life I need to stop with the fast losses as they come back on fast plus I get ill

You can do this forget the past :)
  • TruV34
    TruV34 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    I've had problems with my weight since getting pregnant with my twins. I had a peraonal trainer and lost 41lbs. I decided to go back to school and gained it all back. Not impressed!!
    Feel free to add me.