Success without over the top workouts. Pics plz.

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherjolly92
    heatherjolly92 Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Left was about 15 to 20 lbs down from my heaviest. Right was today down 45 lbs. I did it mostly through a calorie deficit. Occasionally running or random YouTube workouts.[/quote]

You look great
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Changing how you eat IS big, but I don't think anyone on this thread has said anything about how exercise doesn't just burn calories while you're doing it. It amps up your metabolism. The biggest bang for your metabolism is increased muscle mass so that's why weight training helps so much. The timing of your caloric intake helps keep your metabolism up, too. That's why so many people swear by six "meals" per day (IMO it's actually spreading your calories out over six sittings a day).
  • HappyBlues
    HappyBlues Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have lost 95 pounds (over the past 17 months) mostly just walking outside or on my treadmill. I have bad knees and can't handle the impact of running so the fastest I go is a brisk walk! I started out doing 10-20 minutes and now I do 30-40 minutes 3 or 4 times a week. Nothing too crazy there. We do have a gym membership, but it's 17 miles from my home so it's not very convenient for me. I try to go at least once a week to lift weights but it's hit or miss... with several months where I never made it there at all.

I am a stay at home Mom with young kids too (5,7,9) and a husband who really enjoys eating, I know the struggle. Just realize that sometimes, the house is going to be a mess, and that is okay. Go for that walk instead of folding the laundry!! That kind of thing. You can do this!!

• maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm currently down 87 lbs. I lost the first 75-ish just by counting my calories and walking a few times a week. A month or two ago I started spending 25-30 minutes a day doing strength training (just body weight exercises and some dumbbells) I definitely wish I had started with weights and strength training sooner. I've lost another 12 lbs but I've noticed a HUGE difference in my body shape and have lost a ton of inches.
  • heatherjolly92
    heatherjolly92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HappyBlues wrote: »
    I have lost 95 pounds (over the past 17 months) mostly just walking outside or on my treadmill. I have bad knees and can't handle the impact of running so the fastest I go is a brisk walk! I started out doing 10-20 minutes and now I do 30-40 minutes 3 or 4 times a week. Nothing too crazy there. We do have a gym membership, but it's 17 miles from my home so it's not very convenient for me. I try to go at least once a week to lift weights but it's hit or miss... with several months where I never made it there at all.

I am a stay at home Mom with young kids too (5,7,9) and a husband who really enjoys eating, I know the struggle. Just realize that sometimes, the house is going to be a mess, and that is okay. Go for that walk instead of folding the laundry!! That kind of thing. You can do this!!

I've been trying to walk a bit and I do notice the house is a little messier. Thanks and congrats on your success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!