Almost 60

Options
Hi everyone I'm fairly new at this , I'v started and stopped twice. I would like to make this my last time for this, I'll be 60 in May and I'd like to have a handle on this by then so I can keep on going. Just had surgery so I'm not doing a lot of exercise right now. : :#
I am having some problems trying to figure out meals. :/

Replies

• letsdothisforever
    letsdothisforever Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Turned 60 last May, would like to give this another shot, so here we go :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 69 been on here for over three years, lost 49lb. Don't plan to b going anywhere as this is s lifelong change, still like to lose another 20lb. Good luck to you age is no barrier.
  • maryann7734
    maryann7734 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you dejavuohlala for your response , this give me a lot of hope . I wasn't sure if I would still be able to loose it after 60 . I need to loose at least 50 lbs. So far this is working for me I lost 7 lbs. , but just had surgery so I'm sure that helped with the start of it . I intend to keep on trying and get to my goal . Thanks for your support.

• dejavuohlala
    Options
    You are very welcome just stuck with it and you will feel so much better
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    64 here and here to offer support!
  • shannonweber252
    shannonweber252 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 57 and can't believe how I can gain weight with so few calories now. In my younger years I could eat anything. My goal in life is vigor of mind and body now. I'm hoping the exercise will improve my foggy brain.
  • dpdoherty3
    dpdoherty3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turned sixty in October and have. Even using this for a couple years. During that time I had great success with it as well as learning that I can develop muscle with HIIT strength training and cardio. Feel off wagon due to accident but I'm getting back on the horse and plan on riding it for a long while. Take small steps, listen to your body and let it rest but BY ALL MEANS ADD STRENGTH TRAINING. YOU WILL FEEL STRONGER AND MORE CONFIDENT!
  • maryann7734
    Options
    Has anyone tried weight watchers and whats you opinion. Which did you like better
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    This site is far better.
  • MostMidgetlegs
    MostMidgetlegs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried weight watchers and whats you opinion. Which did you like better

I've known people who have done really well with Weight Watchers. I've used it myself, but I like MFP for the ease of use. I like being able to scan foods and save recipes and stuff. I also feel like I keep better track with MFP than I did with WW. A lot has probably changed with WW since I used it though, so who knows.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I am having some problems trying to figure out meals. :/
    People would be more than eager to offer help if you tell us what those problems are.

I wasn't sure if I would still be able to loose it after 60.
    My grandmother was 98 and I'm certain she didn't weigh more than 100 pounds, so it can surely be done.
  • maryann7734
    Options
    I do most of my own cooking and trying to figure how to use the recipe creater