Wearing a fit bit

Options
Considering buying one but just wondering if people wear it all the time or just during exercise?

Replies

• ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I wear mine all the time--totally didn't think I'd want one but I love it! It helps remind me to stay active all day, even outside my gym visit.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    all the time. Otherwise you're not capturing all of your activity and your sleep.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    They're made to be worn 24/7. I wouldn't see any point in buying one if you only want to use it during exercise. If you do mainly cardio training you might want a HRM instead of a FitBit if you're only using it for exercise.
  • Veet705
    Veet705 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wear mine all the time to capture steps and sleep cycles. I got the Charge 2 and bought a new band for it so it looks just like a watch instead of a rubber bracelet.
  • plow54
    plow54 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Which one do people recommend
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I got a Fitbit Charge 2 about 3 weeks ago. I LOVE it!!! Wear it all the time. It has really opened my eyes regarding two things: 1. Keep moving. 2. On the days I work out - I continue to burn calories at a higher rate for most of the day. On the days I do NOT work out - my calorie burn is amazingly low - and I really have to watch my "calories in" on those days.
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Right now I have the Flex and wear it all the time. I usually charge it once a week (at night) and feel lost without it. At some point I will upgrade to the one that has the heartrate monitor but for now this one is fine.
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    BaddS4 wrote: »
    Mine only comes off when it's charging or I'm in the shower or hot tub... I feel naked without it on!! lol

Same here.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I wear it almost all the time - just upgraded to the Charge 2 so I like monitoring my heart rate and sleep quality. :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I love tracking every little thing. I'v had Fitbits, now an Apple Watch.
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I wear mine except when it will get soaked (pool, shower, etc). I love working out. But I sit at a desk most of the day at work, so it is a nice reminder to get up and walk some stairs every hour.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit flex and a fitbit charge HR. Meh, they were okay but I had a few issues. They're big and ugly and flat and hurt your wrist when you turn it. They're cheap and rubber and can give you a rash (common issue). You have to take them off to charge them. They are not waterproof. The app - not brilliant and didn't always sync reliably.

I now use a Misfit Shine 2. It's round and fits nice on your wrist, doesn't hurt when you rotate - lightweight so you hardly know it's there. There are a range of really nice looking options to wear it (leather band, neck pendant etc). They are made of metal and don't scratch. They are waterproof (I swim and shower with it on). You don't have to charge them - a battery lasts 6 months and is replaceable. The app syncs seamlessly with MFP - every time. It alerts you to phone calls and sms on your phone. It tells the time (if you're smart enough to read it. One flash for the hour and then flashes the minutes - for example 19 past would be 4 flashes of the 20 - sounds hard but after a day or two it's second nature). The only negative is they can pop out of the band that comes in the box - but they have fixed this issue in the 2017 version and it's a non issue with other accessories.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge 2. I love mine. It is on the large side but that doesn't bother me. I don't wear it if I'm going someplace dressy (like a wedding). I wear it all of the time. I have super sensitive skin and it doesn't bother me as long as I properly clean it.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Love mine - although I have a Garmin Vivosmart HR.
    I wear it all the time, it's waterproof so no need to worry about swimming and the added bonus is it'll broadcast my HR data to my cycling computer.
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just got one this month and so far I love it. It hasn't been long enough to see if it is accurate or needs to be calibrated, but so far it seems to be right on.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Mine is only off when I shower or when I do something that I know will give me a ton of false steps.
  • Missionmom17
    Missionmom17 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just got a Fitbit charge hr please feel free to add me tigermom18@outlook.com I'm hoping to do as many challenges I can do
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've had mine on just about every second of every day for over 4 years! As others said, I only take it off when I'm in water.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Very happy so far with my 3wk old Charge2. I like seeing my resting HR to see an indication if I am overtraining or getting sick, and the Fitbit app is great for interacting with your friends in challenges etc.

My only observation and reservation would be that for cardio exercise (which I do a lot) it is not accurate and so I continue to use my HRM with strap during these sessions in addition to wearing the Fitbit.

Personally I do not link my MFP and Fitbit accounts for this reason. I prefer to log my exercises and calories burnt manually or have them input from my GPS watch direct into MapMyFitness which I have linked to MFP.