Cellulite

Options
Not exactly sure where to post this.

But what is your experience of cellulite after you lose a lot of weight. I'm assuming its not going to completely go away, which is fine, but does it improve?? I need to lose about 100lbs. TIA

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I always thought cellulite was different then just plain fat.. but i could be wrong. lol I await the smarty-pantses lol

That part.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is super fit and lean but still carries a little bumpiness on her outer thighs. Embrace it.
    http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/803852/the-truth-about-cellulite
  • meredithdelcastillo
    Options
    ^^^^. I don't know a single female without cellulite. I'm 140 and have it. It's normal :-)
  • chelseaj525
    chelseaj525 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know its normal and everyone has it :) I just want to know if if improves with weight loss??
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't improved all that much, and I'm back at a normal weight range. My underweight 3 year old that is constantly in motion has some already. Genetics suck sometimes, lol!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    It improves with weight loss. I have it in less places than I did 50 lbs ago. But it may or may not disappear all together. I had cellulite when I was at a pretty low weight, just only on the upper back part of my thighs. I think it is one of those maybe, maybe not, everyone is their own special snowflake answers
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It will take notice but if you have it now you will have it later. Heather and Terry Dubrow did a podcast all about it - it was kind of interesting
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Wow-horrible typo. It will improve (not take notice)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    Mine improved after losing 60 pounds (which put me toward the lower end of normal BMI, around 20/21), but that's n=1. Everyone's different.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Mine appears to visually improve when I am at a lower weight.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I no longer have cellulite after losing weight. I had it on my butt and back of thighs pretty bad.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty bad right now on my bum and thighs, 2 years ago when I was down about 12 pounds from where I am now (165lbs) it did appear much better, it was clearly smoothing out. I don't think it will ever go away but I do think it will improve
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I never had cellulite until age 30 when I gained about 70lbs in 4-5months due to a medicine I was on. I've lost about 50 of those lbs so far. The cellulite is definitely improved but I'm sure it'll never be like I was before. Also my stretch marks have pretty much disappeared. I think genetics plays a big role.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since puberty.. not a lot, but still enough to bug me. I find it definitely got better with strength training and a bulk/cut cycle. While I can probably improve it, I think mine is here to stay. Oh well.