Mayo Clinic Diet

Options
Any thoughts on the Mayo Clinic Diet. When I enter what I have eaten into mfp, mfp says I am not eating enough. Anyone else using this diet?

Replies

• mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Not using it right now. Although I almost bought the book yesterday. I would love to know how it works for you. Keep me posted if you don't mind.
  • jomary01
    jomary01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gained .6 pts the first week. I read the book, followed the plan the best I could. There is not a lot of information out there unless you pay for the plan. Its all about putting more veggies and fruit in your diet, which I did. Except I limited the fruit to 2 a day. But it says I should eat 1200 calories a day. I followed the plan as to what to eat and when I log it into mfp it says I am not eating enough. So not sure if I am following it correctly or I am missing something.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    At a glance I think it's better than a lot of commercially available diets but I also think it could be improved with greater protein intake.
  • jomary01
    jomary01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do agree about the amount of protein that is allowed. I also would like eat a little more
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's not for me. I have tried going low fat before, can't do it, I get too hungry and crave all the wrong things, and banning saturated fat is just ridiculous - and ironic. MFP saved me from disordered eating.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,961 Member
    Options
    So, eat a little more protein and a little more of everything else on the "diet" and hit your calorie numbers.

I mean, if it gets you eating more vegetables, yay. I think that's important. I'm with @kommodevaran though - I eat way more fat than the recommended amount and I stay under my calories and it is much easier for me than trying lower fat.