Trying to stay focused

Options
Born and raised Ohioan, Mother of an 13 year old just turned 35 last month, tied of going back in forth w weight.. lose some gain some, lose none... etc! Must stay motivated..

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    All you must to lose weight, is to stick to a calorie deficit. That's hard enough, so don't complicate it!
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly how i was! The first few weeks are tough but you have to work through it! If you have a bad day, dont dwell just start a fresh the next day! Dont see it as a diet but as a healthly lifestyle choice! Ive been on here 4 weeks and the support and laughter you get is unreal! Your definately in the right place! Good luck!
  • cheyennekerren2016
    Options
    Add me as a friend!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    @gizmomcneal .... Greetings from Akron. I've struggled with the back and forth weight loss and gain as well. I find the thing that is most important for me is to target consistency with respect to calorie deficiency; taking it one day at a time, one meal at a time. It also helps me if I get my exercise in - lifting 3X week at PF, but the calorie tracking and eating at a deficit is 80% of it and the exercise is 20% of it I believe.

It also helps me remember why I work so hard to lose the weight. I want to stay healthy so i can be there for the ones I love. I also don't want to need the knee replacements and the hip replacements because of obesity that I see in my friends and family. Lastly, I want my 20-year old son to see me as fit and to model himself after me as he grows older.

Good luck to you and remember .... Go Zips! Go Rubber Ducks! Go Browns! Go Indians! Go Cavaliers!
  • veronicav0502
    veronicav0502 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Born and raised Ohioan, Mother of an 13 year old just turned 35 last month, tied of going back in forth w weight.. lose some gain some, lose none... etc! Must stay motivated..

I'm with you in that! So sick of back and forth. I'll be 35 this yr and have a 14 and 15 yr old. I'm new here so looking for motivational and support friends.
  • kbremernc
    kbremernc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I'm new here. I'm trying to lose at least 100 pounds. But I'm starting small by setting my goal at 20 pounds. I've been counting calories and walking more.
  • debbiesteinman
    debbiesteinman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Staying focused long term can be the most difficult thing to do when trying to lose weight. Count me in as a weight loss buddy as I too get frustrated with the constant battle. I quit smoking and gained 60 pounds with the quit. I've lost 27 of the 60 pounds I needed to lose but these last 23 pounds just stick like glue. I'm 61, weight right now is 145lbs goal weight 118-125lbs as that is the weight I feel great at as I was always that weight before I quit smoking. I have been quit for over 3 years and am struggling with my incessant appetite. Need weight loss buddies that can understand the struggles.