Workout Videos

Options
I have had two back surgeries and I am still recovering from my last one. I had things fussed together this last time.(L5/S1...very last one before you tail bone) So....I need workout videos that do not require a lot of twisting. I have Walk Away the Pounds and they are great. I was just wanting to know if there was anything else out there so I do not get bored.

Replies

• jshmans
    jshmans Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi!

I really love Leslie Sansone's workouts. They can get a bit boring after a while, so I have a rotation of some. I find her most beginner ones (the ones where you do a mile in like 20 minutes) to be the most physically boring, but she actually chats more in those. She rarely changes up her music, too, so you really only need a small library of her to rotate for a few weeks before you start putting in her DVDs with a groan. I also like The Firm and sometimes Petra Kolber, but they might be too intense for you. Back surgery can make it tough to pick something that will work for you as well as Leslie. I'd suggest anything that is mostly aerobic where you never have to do any floor work. I try to avoid floor work in general just because once I get down there, it's a bit like torture to hop back up and cheerfully finish the routine (by then I'm generally cursing the instructor into oblivion). Try looking around on www.collagevideo.com I think there are some specialty type videos that will help you out. Even if you don't purchase DVDs from there, it's a great site to preview more than a few seconds of each video and people generally give decent reviews.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I wonder if there are any step aerobic videos I could do?
  • pchapps
    pchapps Posts: 2
    Options
    Why not just put on some music you like and free dance non stop for 30 min or however long you want. Then you know you don't have to make moves that make you uncomfortable. Sometimes I would rather do that than try to follow a video.