Snack and small meal ideas?

Options
Does anyone have any healthy snacks or small meals that can be bought at the local store? Preferably something convinent, quick to take out, and high in protein? Appreciate any feedback thanks!

Replies

• mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Shelled Sunflower Seeds

Whole Grain Bars

Yogurt

Pickles (sometimes they have 0 calories)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad. Either make your own or the pre-made foil pouches.
    Almonds or other nuts
    Beef Jerky
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt cups? They come in single serving sizes and lots of different flavors. High in protein, pretty filling.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    black beans and salsa ( 1/4 cup)

almonds

string cheese light

hummas 2 tbsp and veggies

1/4 cup of cottage cheese

1/2 a grapefruit
  • amayazmama
    amayazmama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Cliff Bars. There are several different flavors 240-250 cals though. I typically eat them for breakfast with a piece of fruit. Another good one is to buy a bunch of different nuts, raisins, etc and make a huge bowl of your own "trail mix". Then you can just full up a few baggies on the weekend and have it handy for snacks during the week.
  • rozeuh
    rozeuh Posts: 6
    Options
    hmmm....i can think of a few:
    protein bars,
    almonds,
    philadelphia light snack (comes with breadsticks and low fat cream cheese :D ),
    readymade sandwiches,
    starbucks bottled coffee, small bottles of flavored or unflavored milk, yogurts,
    a bag of baby carrots to dip in single serving pack of dips (such as hummus),
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    Kashi bars.
    unsalted almonds
    Greek yogurt.

I just made a great wrap for lunch with cottage cheese and shredded chicken. 34g of protein! If you add seasons to the cottage cheese you can make your own healthy dressing.
  • Car0lina82
    Car0lina82 Posts: 22
    Options
    Oooh I love the idea of making cottage cheese dressing!
  • tonightinparis
    Options
    *Low fat cottage cheese with any of the following: celery and paprika, no sugar added applesauce, 1 roma tomato
    *Banana
    *100-calorie packs of almonds
    *Homemade air popped yellow popcorn (1 cup is only about 28 calories!) - add yogurt spread or "I can't believe it's not butter" and a bit of salt
    *weight watchers string cheese (50 cals)
    *Hard boiled egg (~80 cals)

Salads with Wishbone Salad Spritzers (1 cal per spray!) are great for small meals - add some reduced fat cheese for protein.

8970802.png