Need to lose weight so I can have a family some day..

Options
bubbashley0125
bubbashley0125 Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2017 in Motivation and Support
Looking for some people to stay in contact with during this weight lose process.

I'm Ashley, 20 years old, living in Cicero NY.

Almost a year ago my doctors told me I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome, which means I have small cysts on my ovaries which means I cannot have children, and with my weight it also puts me at risk for diabetes and cancer..

I have close friends that try and be supportive but they really don't understand what I'm going through. I really hope you guys can help.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• TapiaCruz
    TapiaCruz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there I understand what you are going through. I haven't confirmed anything yet since I just got health insurance but I also have been having issues. I have a variety of concerning symptoms & my husband and I haven't used protection in 5 and a half years with no luck. I'm also trying to lose weight. Feel free to add me and message me if you like. Eventhough I am a stranger I can lend a ear
  • gzelle21
    gzelle21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey add me. I had the same thing told to me when I was 20 as well, long story short 5 years later and I now have 2 beautiful healthy kids! There is hope baby girl! Feel free to message me on any questions or if you just need to vent.
  • djwar9858
    djwar9858 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also, at one point in my life, was told the same thing. I now have 3 children and 3 grandchildren.
  • laurasjourney88
    laurasjourney88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So I was looking through the threads, and read this one and thought it was one that I had posted but of course it wasn't!!!

This is the reason I want to lose weight! Not to get skinny, but to some day have children. I'm 29 next week, and feel like I should really turn my life around if its going to happen, especially as I'm getting married in 4 weeks so I'm ready to settle down !!!! I too was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago. In those 10 years I have lost weight, put some back on, my periods are like clockwork now, and I will have one every month without fail, so I do have some hope.

I don't know much about PCOS to be honest, but I do know you CAN have children! It might take longer, and you may need help but don't give up!!! I just feel like I'm too overweight and I shouldn't put my body through having a child, and there would be more risks of complications. Losing weight would reduce this, and maybe the side effcts that PCOS can bring with it!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ashc85
    ashc85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was told I had PCOS before and I have had 4 babies. It's not impossible but it's always best to be as your healthiest when pregnant. I had very hard pregnancies with being overweight. I've been on my journey since 1/2/17. And I have good and bad days. It's great to have other people going through similar situations.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. Was diagnosed after I finally went to the doctor after three years of trying to conceive. A little help was needed with DD#1, but nothing at all with DD#2! Hang in there!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I've got PCOS as well. I wasn't on birth control for years because I was so sure I couldn't get pregnant.

I conceived both of my kids when I'd lost enough weight to drop from "obese" to "overweight" BMI - exactly 207 lbs both times. And I wasn't even trying with the second one! I was just losing baby weight and hadn't thought to start BC! Oops!

I've just reached 207 again (my kids are 13 and 11). You better believe I'm on BC now! :)