deep fried fish (minus the batter)

Options
Im heading out to a fish and chip place tonight. They have a special going on right now which is deep fried fish and chips. Im going to be staying away from the chips, but I was wondering if flaking off the batter from the fish would be a healthy option? Im getting mixed reviews on it via google. Some are saying that the batter seals the oil from absorbing too much into the fish and it essentially (steams the fish)? Therefore making it even better than grilling it. Not sure if I should just stick to the lighter menu or if I should try it this way *taking the batter off) that is. The restaurant doesn't allow you to order the fish any other way then then dep fried (for the special). any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.. thanks

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Sounds complicated. Eat it with batter and log it or choose the lighter menu and log it. If your splitting hairs and agonizing whether the inner steamed fried fish is better than grilling (I don't even, lol)...Then you might be overthinking this.
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I have cod from the chip shop it doesn't seem to be oily inside so I would say it's low in carbs and calories if you don't eat the batter. Sounds nice either way.