What the heck does "bump" mean??

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
I've seen this comment several times on people's posts here...what does it mean?

Replies

• HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    it will save it to your topics. jsut makes it easier to get to and read the thread
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing. lol i see it everywhere.
  • guyonthego
    guyonthego Posts: 23
    Options
    I have no idea but have been wondering the same thing -
  • mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    Thank you SOOO much for asking that! I was wondering too, but was afraid of sounding silly for not figuring it out! haha
  • Leafeh
    Leafeh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bring
    My

is the true meaning behind it, people use it here to save it to their posts
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    it will save it to your topics. jsut makes it easier to get to and read the thread

Really!?! I totally thought it meant something else. Like everyone was giving the person a "fist bump" because they liked the comment/post. lol I feel like an idiot now!
  • HoLLyZ82
    Options

Really!?! I totally thought it meant something else. Like everyone was giving the person a "fist bump" because they liked the comment/post. lol I feel like an idiot now!

LOL now thats some funny ****. thanks for making laugh. i can see how you would think that though haha
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If no one responds to your topic you can post a "Bump" which will make it go right back to the top of the message list as it now contains a new post :)
  • kevinsherrell
    Options
    when you "bump" a forum post - you send it back to the top of the forums. Most forums are set to display active (most recent posts) at the top.
  • HoLLyZ82
    Options
    Bring
    My

wouldnt it be
    Bring
    Up
    My
    Post ??? hehehe jsut being a smart ars
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    It serves 2 purposes....

firstly, people can "bump" a topic so it is saved in their topics making it easier to track

Secondly, people or the original poster can "bump" a topic to keep it current, more likely to get views and responses
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Bring
    My

But that spell Bmpu :\

I think you mean Bring up my post lol :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, but let's not abuse this, OK? I saw a popular post just now that had 4 or 5 bumps in a row, all within a couple minutes of each other. No need to bump if someone's already bumped.

OK. End of rant. Sorries.
  • MaeKhaleesi
    MaeKhaleesi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had been wondering the same thing, but I was too embarrassed to ask. :laugh:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Bump! lol
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    now i can sleep at night knowing what it means lol
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Yes, but let's not abuse this, OK? I saw a popular post just now that had 4 or 5 bumps in a row, all within a couple minutes of each other. No need to bump if someone's already bumped.

OK. End of rant. Sorries.

Unless your purpose for doing so is to save it to your topics, then it is perfectly acceptable to "bump" even if someone else already has. Sorry, not trying to be an *kitten*, but that could also be the reason for the bumps.