WLS Patient w/ Regain... Looking for Pals and Support

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm a 43-yr-old wife, mom of two and grandma of one. I have dealt with weight issues all of my adult life. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and diabetes type 2 just before my 34th birthday. I made the decision and had weight loss surgery in February 2012. I went from 224 lbs to 106 lbs; maintained my weight between 118-123 lbs until about a year ago. I ate as a bariatric patient is recommended to (although I did enjoy "banned" food occasionally) and have done primarily walking/jogging for exercise. Then the old stressors of mine creeped back in and I went back to my old habits of emotional and binge eating. I was still exercising. Long story short, I have gained back 42 lbs as of weighing myself yesterday. Needless to say, I am disappointed in myself from the standpoint of regaining weight lost. Please don't judge.

So here I am in need of support and encouragement from not just other bariatric folks but folks who fight emotional and/or binge eating. I'm looking to shift my exercise regimen to strength training. I think my biggest focus is going to be on my diet. Anyone following more of a vegetarian diet? I'm leaning in that direction but am also looking into Paleo.

Anyways, thanks for reading along. I look forward to getting to know some of you. :)

Replies

• Honeybeeblue1
    Honeybeeblue1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I had WLS in 2014 and same here life changes happen and old habit creep in fast. Feel free to add me as a friend.