Alabama and beyond

Options
Hey everyone, I've been on my weight loss journey since November 2009 and have lost 30 lbs. I am still hoping to loose another 15 lbs. I've been on MFP now for about a year, but I haven't committed to logging calories in the past 6+ months like I did in the beginning (current circumstances have changed). So, I am going to really give it another try again. I LOVED the wonderful support shown by friends and members here, and I would like to ask anyone to feel free to add me as a friend. I will do my best to support you as well.

How many of you are from Alabama? I live in north Alabama and would love to have more friends in the area as well. Even if you're not from Alabama, I'd love to hear from you! I would just like to build up my motivational network of friends here on MFP. A lot of friends I once interacted with more than 6 months ago are no longer active on the site. To those friends who have pushed me when I wasn't feeling it, you're kind words and determination do not go unnoticed!

Replies

• lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am from the Southernmost point of Alabama; glad to see another Bama girl. I am very impressed with your progress!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I live in southwestern Tennessee.
  • SimplyMrsBlue
    Options
    I"m in north alabama as well!! Goodluck!!!!!!!!
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Huntsville here.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hey friend! :) Love seeing who all is from our great state! :smile:
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    im in huntsville, al! :)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    bham here, dont worry i'm not leaving this place anytime soon :P
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Not from Alabama.. but very close. I'm in Mississippi
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I'm also from the southern most point of AL, beachside in beautiful Gulf Shores.
    Welcome!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the friend requests! I've sent some out myself. :)
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm in Athens, if you'd like more friends.
  • smeast
    smeast Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a Huntsville girl myself!!!!!!!!
  • salred24
    salred24 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am also from North Alabama. I just joined today so BRAND new!!! Glad to know there are others from North Alabama on here.

SW174
    Mini Goal 1: 160 8/1/11
  • yalmira82
    yalmira82 Posts: 37
    Options
    Birmingham. Please feel free to add me. I am also looking for friends on here also:smile:
  • Littlemiss1016
    Options
    Central Alabama Girl here! Excited to make new friends & Have a support system here!
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am from Alabama and still have family all over! Looking for some nice southern friends ;)
  • GurleyGurl
    GurleyGurl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm near the Huntsville area (Toney) & new to MFP. I've lost 25lbs since January 2011. :smile:
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I live in Scottsboro Alabama. I have been on MFP for about 4 and a half months now. I have lost 53 lbs. since January( some before MFP) I love this site and try to support and motivate friends as much as possible, but a couple of days a week or so, I do not get to comment on here, as I get too busy sometimes. But most days I read others posts and comment. Any one can add me as a friend if they would like. All I ask is if you like to use foul language, then please do not add me. I am a christian lady and do not want to hear or read nasty junk.