A way to get excercise at school?

Options
So today I slept in past my alarm and missed my chance to workout for the day. This happens a few times a month and it really bums me out.

Is there a way I can get some exercise while I'm stuck on my college campus? I'm there until 9pm most days so when I get back home i'm too burnt out mentally to do anything.

We also don't have an on-campus nurse so there is no club or facility involving exercise.

I guess i'm just asking for a subtle way that I can kind of make up for my workout on campus (Like getting up and walking more often or something). Do you guys have any tips?

I know I probably sound silly but I'm trying hard to reach my goals efficiently :'(

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Can you walk more between classes? Or walk to campus? Maybe you could bike to campus/classes? I'm not sure how your campus is set up but the one where I live is huge and has campuses all over town. A person could easily get in 10,000 steps changing classes. However I've seen some pretty small campuses, also. Maybe use a pedometer to track steps and see if you can find ways to add more in.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    In addition to walking - are there buildings with stairs? Instant stair-stepper.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Set more alarms? Go to bed earlier so you can get up earlier if your priority is working out in the morning.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When I lived off campus at school I would take the bus in. But on the way back sometimes I would hit the bus at a weird time... I like just missed it and the next one wouldn't come for 45 minutes and with stops would take a while to get there so I would just make the walk. It would take like an hour to walk it, and sometimes the bus would pass me or get there at the same time. But either way it's wasted time so might as well get the exercise and enjoy the nice day. Of course not if the weather sucks.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    2 desks or tables and you have a bar dip machine, kegals, stairs can be repeatedly climbed, even a rolling chair if you sit on hit and wheel yourself around while sitting is a good leg workout.

Just get inventive you can totally do a workout. The question is do you care what other people think? Because you might look silly
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    You can, walk, run, do pushups, crunches, burpees or any body weight exercise anywhere at any time, lunges front and back, body weight squats etc.

I must note that that is one heck of a class schedule, starting so early you over sleep a few times a month until 9 P.M.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Walk or job around the neighbourhood around campus.
    Climb stairs.
    See if there are any parks in that area with outdoor exercise equipment.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Walk laps around campus in between classes. Take stairs instead of elevators. Get up and walk a little every 30 minutes or so during your study sessions. (The Pomodoro method is great for this.)

If you were my student, I'd probably let you march in place during class, as long as you didn't mind me teasing you about it. Your professors, however, might not appreciate that.