Just started a week ago

Options
I've only been logged on for a week. I'm hoping that being able to track my calories will help me be more accountable. So far I've gained weight rather than losing...very disappointing. However, this time I'm not going to give up. I'm going to stick to it and lose my weight.

Replies

• SexyJaye
    SexyJaye Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Dont be too upset about it. Eat well, treat your body well, exercise well.
    You will definately feel and SEE the difference.

Most importantly, be positive. :)
    Good luck! :)
  • meljr66
    meljr66 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! It really does work if you put in the effort. I've been on here for nine months and I've completely changed my lifestyle. I love MFP!
  • TurkTurkleton
    Options
    Hi, I haven't been on here long either, consistantly at least. And I haven't really seen a difference in the last few weeks, which is disheartening. I am determined not to give up this time as well!
  • lanichang
    lanichang Posts: 6
    Options
    You can do it! Don't give up.
  • Itmustbekk
    Options
    Don't give up. I never ever thought I would exercise. I kept looking for a quick fix to dieting. I just wanted to wake up thinner. I didn't think I had the motivation to exercise and diet. There are so many wonderful products out there that keeps me balanced. Smart one and healthy choice foods are good and tasteful food to eat it doesn't taste like a plate full of napkins lolol. It is actually seasoned well. I have been dieting for 35 days and lost 20lbs. I still need to love close to 80 more lbs so I have a long way to go. But logging into myfitnesspal for some reason helps. There are so many people on this site doing what we are doing which is trying to change the way we eat. I don't have before and after pics "yet". Some one said this isn't the sight where one should feel embarrassed about how they look. Well, put it this way. I have made progress and I congratulate myself but I still have a ways to go. Don't give up. Do what works for you. No two bodies are the same. We will not all do, or eat the same things. Good luck to you. If I can try, then you can succeed! Good luck
  • TurkTurkleton
    Options
    I too keep waking up expecting to be thinner! I wish there was a quicker way. I always feel so embarrssed telling people I have been dieting. It will be nice when the effort starts to show! I am even cooking for myself now (all good thing of course) which is a huge step for me, someone who usually isnt allowed in the kitchen haha.
  • dieting101
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouraging words. Still haven't lost, but not going to give up either!
  • RanaIsLiving
    Options
    :tongue: Hi everyone, I started on Saturday, July 15th and am so psyched about the program. It's amazing to really see in black and white how much I take in and put out each and every day. I think now that I'm accountable because I see it makes me much more conscious about my eating habits. So far, since 7/15, I've lost 3.2 lbs. Hope to keep it up as my goal is 25. Good luck to all of you......
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't get too down on yourself! This website is amazing. Follow the rules and you WILL be successful! :smile:

Good luck on your journey.
  • dieting101
    Options
    Gread job! Good luck!
  • Butterfly1864
    Butterfly1864 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started this week too! Its hard to get motivated especially on the days when you slightly go over the calorie count and didnt have the time to run it off. I know I cannot get discouraged, but I tend to be really hard on myself. I am so happy I found this site and I hope that it really helps me lose weight and feel healthy again. It has been so long! Cheers to a new beginning!!!