Options
Hensonator1084
Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
So whats your recipes be creative people

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Stilton and avocado is a favourite of mine (pretty high cals though!!)
    Morrello Cherry (pie filling) and vanilla ice cream is great.
  • Hensonator1084
    Options
    Mmmmmm sound nice
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I make pancakes for breakfast for the kids every couple of weeks or so and always make the fluffy american style pancakes (I use plain flour but add baking powder but self raising is the same). I think that fluffy pancakes work well with a topping.

Pancake day is the only time I make the traditional flat British pancakes with plain flour and no baking powder. I think these work better with a filling (rolled).

On pancake day the kids insist that we have a go at flipping the pancakes, and we always end up with at least one on the floor!
    MrsStealthHealth insists on having at least one with sugar and lemon juice - She says it reminds her of her dad.

I love pancake day!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I use Nigella Lawson's American Pancake recipe - it's divine - and then I top them with fresh strawberries, butter and maple sirup. I'm super boring but it's the most delicious thing. If we're having crêpes I'd do banana and Nutella, or just plain old sugar, because it's delish. I think I'll make some banana pancakes this time round (because I don't want to waste all my cals on one stack) so that's 1 banana & 2 eggs, they're pretty good too.
  • Hensonator1084
    Options
    Ha yea think i might try manuka honey in mine with ice cream you cant beat a desert with somthing warm and cold mixed together
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Lemon and a sprinkling of sugar. It's the only day of the year I add sugar to anything I make.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    There's a national pancake day in the UK? I want one...

Do crepes count? Because a crepe with slivered almonds, roasted pears and a little honey is delicious. Sprinkled with icing sugar..

Oh heck that'd be great as a pancake too.
  • addicted2cola
    addicted2cola Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We have pancake day in Canada too (I thought it was universal, really. Guess not haha). Ours were normally just the box stuff, with fake maple syrup (because the real stuff was too expensive lol) and margarine. As the pancakes cooked, we put money in them, so you had to be really careful as you ate them. We didn't really care about the sanitary part back then lol. This year, I might try to make coconut flour pancakes.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Fat Tuesday is exactly that here in Windsor, Ontario. It's Paczki (Poonch-key) day here where all the local bakeries are selling Paczki's, mostly jelly or cream filled donut style pastries, made with lard or butter, eggs, white flour etc. I'd guess around 400-600 calories a pop as they are also a little bigger than a typical chain store donut, but it hardly seems worth it as they don't taste much different than a regular donut to me, at least not good enough to warrant the extra calories :D
  • Hensonator1084
    Options
    Sounds good i love doughnuts ther my downfall lol
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    These babies are always on the Shrove Tuesday menu at the Viking hus:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/71708/pumpkin-pancakes-with-nutmeg-whipped-cream/
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I love pancake day. We're doing pancakes with strawberries
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Good old fashioned lemon & sugar for me. And a banana & peanut butter as well.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I am topping mine with crispy bacon and maple syrup. Yum yum.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Spread with Nutella and roll up and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
  • M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't like pancakes. I still make them though!
    Usually involving Nutella, strawberries and peanut butter.
    For everyone else :(
  • Hensonator1084
    Options
    Your all making me hungry and iv no remaing calories left lol