Need support

I have been trying to lose weight and have been doing pretty good, about 15lbs or so and have been exercising alot also. However I am in a rutt, I have lost some motivation with my exercising, still tracking my calories and all but...... Blahh is how I feel.

I really need some support or someone pushing me. My husband doesnt push(which is what I love about him, he likes me however I look) but then I dont have any motivation to exercise.

I just moved in Feb to philly so all my good friends are not in the area, so they are out of the question.

Any help is much apprecitated.

Thanks

Replies

• We are all on this journey together. Do YOU want to lose the weight? That's fine that your husband loves you the way you are but he should also love you for who you WANT to be. This is a life change for many of us and if by chance we don't drop as much weight as we'd like at least we are becoming healthier people and that should matter. There is plenty of support on here. Keep your chin up :flowerforyou:
  • Ah, the dreaded rut!

Philadelphia is a great city. There are loads of museums...you could park and walk to one and take yourself on a tour. Maybe buy a map and plot out little walking tours for different days - I bet your local AAA could help, too, since they put together vacation packages for members. If you have a dog, maybe there's a dog park you could join and meet some like-minded people there and you could get together for walks.

Do you volunteer? If you like to read, you could check with your library about book clubs. Those are other good ways to make friends that could turn into workout buddies.

Good luck!
  • texgrl76
    texgrl76 Posts: 13 Member
    I hear ya! I don't have anyone pushing me, either! I feel like I kind of need someone to hold me accountable to eating right and exercising
  • You got it. Add sent. :) You can do this! I was in a rut too...took me a while to figure out how to get out of it. For me, it was adding small workout in the a.m. to jump start my metabolism each day. Then my evening workout is not as long, if I work out at all. Maybe changing up your routine will help...or zig zagging your calories...might jump start you out of the dreaded rut.