Options
2»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love their $200million settlement a couple years back
    Sign me up!

Nah, man that was only a couple of months ago!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    STOP THE REPLACEMENT stuff
    I did sns last year lost 3 stone in 3 months on 650 cals a day and it wrecked my immune system I got really ill gained it back
  • delisha527
    delisha527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes it's a calorie deficit but the shakes do provide nutrients you need and it's very filling! The shakes are not expensive for a $40 container I get my breakfast and dinner for 2 weeks. It has saved me a lot of money on groceries.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    But eating food is so much more enjoyable. For 40 bucks I can get all kinds of food that will keep full and happy.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I would never be satiated by drinking my calories away. I need real food!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    delisha527 wrote: »
    Yes it's a calorie deficit but the shakes do provide nutrients you need and it's very filling! The shakes are not expensive for a $40 container I get my breakfast and dinner for 2 weeks. It has saved me a lot of money on groceries.

No, they do not provide all the nutrients. They are not 100% or close RDI.

And $40 for 2 weeks IS expensive. I get a protein powder that contains 35g of protein for $60, and that lasts me 3 months.
  • delisha527
    delisha527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    delisha527 wrote: »
    So I've tried meal replacements in the past but they stopped working I knew Herbalife would work and it has! I've lost over 15lbs since January. Wondering if there are others on the Herbalife regiment who would like to make a support group - Always looking for new friends [content edited by MFP mods]

A few questions:

1. What do you feel is different about Herbalife (vs the other meal replacements that you've tried), meaning, what is the magic secret that Herbalife has that other replacements are missing?

2. Do you plan on being on Herbalife forever, and if not, how are you preparing/educating yourself for when you start eating real food again?

----
    1. I'm not saying that Herbalife has any magic secrets by far but I have tried other meal replacement shakes and I've gotten bored because they only have one or two flavors Herbalife has so many. Also it's one of the lower priced shakes. I've known people who have used isagenics or even shakeology but Herbalife is definitely a good bang for your buck.
    2. No I don't plan to use them forever!! I plan to use this tool to reach my goal weight and maybe help maintain but I've also planned once I'm at my goal weight or I feel I'm not getting what I need from the shakes to start trying different methods. I do eat real food on this diet so I am very educated on what I need to eat.