I was doing good..then i binged :(

Options
Ive been successfully dieting for about a month now and solid all week till today. I usually quit eating by 7pm. But after 7 i ate Popcorn, sushi, and 2.5 Ferrera rocher chocolates. Im scared i might be going back to my old ways. My cheat days are sundays when my husband and I and my baby are together. We were gnna have beignet and coffee for mardi gras but now i feel guilty and worried . Advice plz

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Just keep your focus on the present. Make daily goals and plans. Don't dwell on the past.

When you wake up, tell yourself what you're going to accomplish that day, including eating intentionally, exercising, and (hopefully) relaxing.

Best of luck. I hope you have a perfect day tomorrow!

• Slbyrd45
    Slbyrd45 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also need to recommit . I have logged successfully for the month of Jan and then slacked off in Feb . I am still down 8 lbs so I am trying to remember that is a success ! Good luck girls and wishing you a successful day ! One day at a time . today my goal is to increase my water intake
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    How many calories are you averaging per day? Trying to maintain too high a deficit for too long is just setting yourself up for failure. Did you log it? Many times even when I feel I've completely blown it, I'll find that in calories averaged for the week I'm perfectly fine. Relax, today is a new day.
  • happydaysmkm
    happydaysmkm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I thot my diary was public . Ill have to check. My calories in range between 1200 and 1400. Mainly since im so short and i dont exercise. I walk a lot on campus and at work so i count that as exercise
  • happydaysmkm
    Options
    Some days i forget to track because im so busy but i usually still do well on those days
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is to keep your diary complete private or share with just friends. What you eat is a personal choice. Also, some mfp members are mean and even more are highly opinionated!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    One day of slipping up doesn't mean you've failed. Today is a new day for you to get back on track. I've found that completely depriving myself never helps but that a little indulgence every once in a while manages to keep me sane and more motivated.

Sweet tooth? How about fruit or dark chocolate?

Salty snacks with a crunch? Roasted nuts w sea salt.

Not really sure if you're hungry? Try some water or tea first.

Best of luck to you!
  • Hensonator1084
    Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Forget what you ate and continue on with your diet dont let it escalate were you fall back into your old routine, also count the calories you just ate and go and burn them off problem solved, wen u get cravings swill your mouth with listerine it will take cravings away lol
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Go forth and sin no more, (or at least, not very often).
  • happydaysmkm
    Options
    Very insightful you guys! Thank you so much. I think tmrw im gnna go to the gym and so some cardio for all thw calories i overindulged in THEN just move forward like nothing happened. I feel so much better i only wish i read this earlier in the day. Nothing wrong w a little cheat on occasion to maintain a balance! Thanks guys
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Before the popcorn, sushi and chocolate, did you have a pretty well balanced day, or was it carb heavy? Some people are more inclined to binge after a carb heavy day, or if they don't get enough protein and water.

Sometimes I just feel a little "unfinished" after dinner. It's not that I'm hungry, I'm just a bit restless or maybe I don't like the flavor left over in my mouth. Sometimes herbal tea sweetened with stevia helps calm me down.

1. Forgiving yourself immediately it so important!
    2. Try to answer why you did it. As long as you're not beating yourself up, there's no wrong answers.
    3. Plan a strategy for the next time you feel like nibbling. Make a list of small enjoyable things you like to do. You might even try meditating for 10 minutes, or listening to music. Usually if you put off eating, the urge goes away.