Stuck in a plateau and needed to remind myself how far I have come

Options
geejag
geejag Posts: 32 Member
Hi Fellow MFP ers,

I have lost 35 pounds so far and definitely put on more lean mass. I have been stuck around 150s far last several months. Still have 20 pounds to go. I am planning to start carb cycling. I do work out regularly and login on MFP as well. Looking at the pictures I know I have come a long way. But I am losing patience now :(

wuc0mwwzz8h5.jpg

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    you look great! fantastic job so far!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yes you have. Did you take measurements? That always helps when the scale isn't moving.
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! :) Measurements tell the true story when the scale seems like it's broken :wink:
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I can empathize with the plateau. I have been stuck twice in the last two months (currently stuck at 225-226ish)....just stick with it. Make some changes here and there to see what does and doesn't work, but keep monitoring. Know this...the work you have done so far is amazing. Congratulations and keep it up!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! You could stop and start maintaining and just be perfect!
    And I am right there with you! I've been stuck on the same weight +/- 5 pounds since October! It is so frustrating! Family/Friend/food functions all the time just has me maintaining and not losing. BUT we're maintaining so that's still really good!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Beautiful beautiful beautiful! You already accomplished so much, just keep going strong!
    Are you keeping an eye on your macros? Sometimes tracking and adjusting the macros helps... Continued success to you!
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great work! I'd say switch something up--workouts, diet, whatever. More than a month is rough for a plateau. Make sure you've been eating enough to keep your metabolism up and log accurately, and you'll get past it! In the meantime, you look great!
  • choklityum
    choklityum Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! Is there a particular item of clothing that you want to be able to wear, but won't/can't until you've reached your goal? I want a pair of black leather jeans. But I'm not putting the money into them until I'm where I want to be size-wise. So I have pictures of me when I started this weight-loss journey and pictures of my goal item - the black leather jeans. It's kind of like waving the proverbial red flag in front of a bull. That's my motivation, even when I'm staring at a box of Thin Mints. I don't know if this is helpful to you, but it's how I push myself. Good luck!
  • geejag
    Options
    Thank you so much all of you for your kind and encouraging words. I appreciate all your suggestions. And yes, I am going to stay motivated, weigh everything and keep logging everything. Thank you all. :)
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!

It does suck to plateau. I was stuck at the same weight from Oct-Jan.... it was hard. Just stick with it. and if you don't already take measurements. For me those often show progress when the scale is being stubborn
  • tracypreiss
    tracypreiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have lost 29 lbs since August and also stuck and I would like to lose another 5-10 atleast. Might have to change up my diet/exercise routine.
  • NickiMazaheri
    NickiMazaheri Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Your progress shows how much you can do! You can definitely do more if you want! Don't give up! Take a break and try again!
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time to reevaluate your diet and exercise.
  • geejag
    Options
    Thank you so much..Am going to focus on more HIIT and carb cycling. Hopefully that does the trick.
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations on all your hard work and success so far.
    Personally I'm an exercise-phobe but HIIT is always my go to. Best of luck to you
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful, both before and after! You look amazing, your had work has paid off, you will get there, it will just take time (we all wish time would move faster, but there you have it). Keep it up!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!